ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child passport refused as WRS failings delayed parent's PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

buktais

Child passport refused as WRS failings delayed parent's PR

Post by buktais » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Angie77 wrote:I applied for my husband's fast track SAR last month and received last week after 20 days.
I did come with his PR aquired date and for my surprise, even with mine PR acquired date ( as I have PRC as non-eu immigrant and husband, who is EU citizen, was the sponsor.)
We ticked all the 3 boxes and wrote a note asking for his PR acquired date.

It is a lot of information and we had to read it 3 times to find the 2 lines sentence where it says about possible PR entitlement.
It may be written in other words.
Angie, was this information in form of database print out? There are bunch of papers but the needed date no-where to be seen..

noajthan, thanks for your thoughts mate. To be honest I did get an impression after successful SAR cases shared on this forum that this info should be in their records and is easy to get it upon request.

I did think about NCS, but the thing is my friend is applying for her kids british passport which has been already refused once due to "failings in her WRS". Although HO did not detect any failings and issued PR certificate, but unfortunately after the birth of her baby.

noajthan

Re: SAR for PR date

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:34 pm

buktais wrote:noajthan, thanks for your thoughts mate. To be honest I did get an impression after successful SAR cases shared on this forum that this info should be in their records and is easy to get it upon request.

I did think about NCS, but the thing is my friend is applying for her kids british passport which has been already refused once due to "failings in her WRS". Although HO did not detect any failings and issued PR certificate, but unfortunately after the birth of her baby.
Nothing is easy in context of immigration.

Off-topic but If someone didn't register for WRS properly (and so were delayed) and only acquired RR perhaps as late as mid-2016 as a consequence then obviously that could have implications in relation to the birth of a child and child's right to a British passport.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

buktais

Re: SAR for PR date

Post by buktais » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:54 pm

noajthan wrote:
Off-topic but If someone didn't register for WRS properly (and so were delayed) and only acquired RR perhaps as late as mid-2016 as a consequence then obviously that could have implications in relation to the birth of a child and child's right to a British passport.
True, however she applied in the end of 2015. The documents she submitted including WRS were from the year 2006. The thing is she failed to complete 12 months first time. She then registered once again when she got a new job + completed 12+months, however Passport Service was fixated on that first incomplete registration.

noajthan

Re: Child passport refused as WRS failings delayed parent's

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:12 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, posts moved to own thread (this one) in the most appropriate forum (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.