ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & overseas earnings

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hood
Newly Registered

ILR & overseas earnings

Post by hood » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:33 am

Hi

My first post on the forum and will be most obliged on all necessary support.

During my last Tier 1 general renewal 2 years ago I applied as employed status by combining overseas earnings and UK earnings which was approved.
I actually did not see myself as self-employed as the tax accrued from earning on the second job overseas was deducted at source by the employer.
I am now due for my ILR and shall be applying as PAYE and wonder if anyone has been in same situation and was successful with PEO application.
I asked because it just occurred if I should have paid tax on the earnings to HMRC then, but having read various tax information online i.e double taxation agreement, resident statue things seems so difficult to understand.

I’ll really be grateful for any form of advice I could get at this stage.

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR & overseas earnings

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:44 pm

You should ensure any liable, outstanding tax is paid to the HMRC prior to your ILR application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

enigma1211
Newly Registered

Post by enigma1211 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi Hood,

Could you please help with how you sorted out your tax situation? I am in a similar situation with part overseas earnings and I was hoping to make an application this month so do not have all the HMRC documents required. I am not due to pay any taxes due to double taxation treaties but I just want to be sure if the HMRC letter with a declaration of overseas income is compulsory. Thanks so much!

enigma1211
Newly Registered

Post by enigma1211 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:02 pm

hood wrote:Hi

My first post on the forum and will be most obliged on all necessary support.

During my last Tier 1 general renewal 2 years ago I applied as employed status by combining overseas earnings and UK earnings which was approved.
I actually did not see myself as self-employed as the tax accrued from earning on the second job overseas was deducted at source by the employer.
I am now due for my ILR and shall be applying as PAYE and wonder if anyone has been in same situation and was successful with PEO application.
I asked because it just occurred if I should have paid tax on the earnings to HMRC then, but having read various tax information online i.e double taxation agreement, resident statue things seems so difficult to understand.

I’ll really be grateful for any form of advice I could get at this stage.

Hi Hood,

Could you please help with how you sorted out your tax situation? I am in a similar situation with part overseas earnings and I was hoping to make an application this month so do not have all the HMRC documents required. I am not due to pay any taxes due to double taxation treaties but I just want to be sure if the HMRC letter with a declaration of overseas income is compulsory. Thanks so much!

Many thanks

HAFIZYOUSAF
Newly Registered

Post by HAFIZYOUSAF » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:36 am

dear all
i have apply for ILR with overseas income
overseas income proof i have submitted tax document for pakistan and accountant letter which show net income..
is that ok...2 proof of income claim..
uk income plus overseas income...
employed in uk and self employed in pakistan..
24.05.2016 post my application.
06.06.2016. biometric done..
now i am still waiting..

uktierone

Post by uktierone » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi Hood / Enigma

Please could you advise your ILR status based on overseas earnings.

I am in similar situation wherein had my first extension based on Overseas earnings.

Appreciate your feedback on this.

Regards