ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment Question for Tier 1 Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Momentum
Newly Registered

Investment Question for Tier 1 Extension

Post by Momentum » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi Guys,
I need to ask a question regrading Investment as I am preparing to apply for my Tier 1 extension. I have made my first investment of 25K from my personal to Business account in 2014 and in that transaction it clearly shows my name as I did the transaction on the Bank till. This year in March, I transferred the remaining investment in 3 online bank transactions from my personal account to Business account but due to online transaction its only showing my personal account sort code and bank account on the three transactions rather then my name.
I have been advised by my friend that these 3 transactions will not be valid as it does not show my name on the transactions. I have asked my Bank to give me a letter which verifies that I have a personal and business account with the bank and on those 3 dates that I have invested the money in to my Business account.

Kindly can you please advise me if the letter will be sufficient as proof or do I need to show my investment again.

Thanks for your time guys.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Investment Question for Tier 1 Extension

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:42 am

Send your personal bank statements showing those transaction indeed came from your account
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ams2013

Post by Ams2013 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:49 am

Momentum wrote:Hi Guys,
I need to ask a question regrading Investment as I am preparing to apply for my Tier 1 extension. I have made my first investment of 25K from my personal to Business account in 2014 and in that transaction it clearly shows my name as I did the transaction on the Bank till. This year in March, I transferred the remaining investment in 3 online bank transactions from my personal account to Business account but due to online transaction its only showing my personal account sort code and bank account on the three transactions rather then my name.
I have been advised by my friend that these 3 transactions will not be valid as it does not show my name on the transactions. I have asked my Bank to give me a letter which verifies that I have a personal and business account with the bank and on those 3 dates that I have invested the money into my Business account.

Kindly can you please advise me if the letter will be sufficient as proof or do I need to show my investment again.

Thanks for your time guys.

In order to claim investment points, your Business bank statement must show your name as money transfer by you.

In your situation, you need to send your personal Bank statement to match with business statement for all investment transactions, you should also explain this in your cover letter stating your personal account number to identify those three 3 online transactions,don't overthink about it as this is something (online transactions) you can't re-do !
If you do as what I suggest hopefully you will be fine

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:02 am

In order to claim investment points, your Business bank statement must show your name as money transfer by you.
No, the transfers must be readily identifiable that they came from you. The rules do not demand your name to be there though

Immigration rules, Appendix A:
If the applicant has made the investment in the form of a director’s loan, it must be shown both in the relevant set of financial accounts provided, and through readily identifiable transactions in the applicant’s business bank statements, which must clearly show the transfer of this money from the applicant to his business.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Momentum
Newly Registered

Post by Momentum » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:04 am

Thanks sir for both of your reply actually I made a small error of not being very careful with my personal bank statement transactions during that time and therefore cant submit the personal bank statement for last three transactions. Do you guys still think in my situation a Bank letter will be sufficient along with business account statement.

My extension is due in few months so any more guidance will solve me future problem.

Thanks again for taking time to view my reply.