ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Solicitor document certification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sodonm

Solicitor document certification

Post by sodonm » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I want to apply for citizenship through a solicitor instead of NCS but I don't want to send my original documents/passport to home office. My solicitor said he can certify and send the documents through post office.Please advice if Ho will accept certified copies of docs/passports/ilr from solicitors?

I obtained ilr through long residence. I don't have most payslips and p60s for my past jobs, I also don't remember the exact joining and leaving dates for my jobs. Please advice if Home office will accept solicitor certified docs and will it affect my application without the last 10 year P60 and work docs and exact dates?

I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out here.

many thanks

noajthan

Re: Solicitor document certification

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:14 pm

sodonm wrote:Hi everyone,

I want to apply for citizenship through a solicitor instead of NCS but I don't want to send my original documents/passport to home office. My solicitor said he can certify and send the documents through post office.Please advice if Ho will accept certified copies of docs/passports/ilr from solicitors?

I obtained ilr through long residence. I don't have most payslips and p60s for my past jobs, I also don't remember the exact joining and leaving dates for my jobs. Please advice if Home office will accept solicitor certified docs and will it affect my application without the last 10 year P60 and work docs and exact dates?

I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out here.

many thanks
You are ultimately responsible for the application.
A solicitor does not add credibility or weight.
My understanding is original documents are required unless you apply via NCS (when they must be presented but are retained by applicant).

If you can't remember exact days of past employment then you need to estimate your employment history dates; you could also write to your old companies to ask them the details.
You do also need to supply the appropriate evidence of having fulfilled tax/NI obligations.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sodonm

Re: Solicitor document certification

Post by sodonm » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:23 am

Thank you so much for your reply. I also have the same view that only NCS can certify docs but my solicitor assured me again today that they can certify it and Ho should accept it. I am now really confused here, Hope some one could clarify it for me please.

As for the last 10 year work history I have only 1 p60 from an employer and few payslips from previous employers. However, I have got my SAR from Hmrc and it tells me about the jobs i worked, income,NI and tax deducions. Can i send copies from my SAR from Hmrc to cover the 10 year periods.I also didnt work for three years becasue i didn't have rights to work. Please reply. Many thanks