ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP! - Extension - Self Employed NI PROOF

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arkamz
Newly Registered

HELP! - Extension - Self Employed NI PROOF

Post by arkamz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Would be great if someone could help and clear my confusion. I have a few questions. The guidance has no clue for my situation :/

I basically am self-employed since 16.09.2012. I was granted TIER 1 Entrepreneur on 8-01-2014.

Now, I have always been Self-Employed to date, carried on with my business activity and been well busy doing so. I demonstrated my investment on my initial leave, as already had the funds invested in to the business during the leave prior to going on to Entrepreneur, which was PSW.

I need to be applying for my extension in the next few days, and started studying the requirements and documents.

Now according to the requirements, being self-employed;
- Should have registered with the HMRC within 6 months of my grant of leave to remain (Entrepreneur).
- On a date no earlier then 3 months from date of application must have registered with HMRC as self-employed.

Now, the thing is that I have always been registered as self-employed and still am. I got VAT registered after I got the Entrepreneur leave to remain back in January 2014.

When I applied for the initial Entrepreneur Application I supplied an NI bill dated within 3 months of the application date. Since then I have not kept record of any NI Bill, however for some reason I moved my registered address last year, my accountant apparently had updated my address with HMRC and I was receiving all VAT related etc letters nut no NI Bill. I checked with HMRC, last month, confirmed and updated my address asked them for the NI bill and they said they can't issue one, so I cleared my outstanding asked for a receipt and they had it emailed over. To my surprise, and bad luck, the email receipt had the wrong NI Number, therefore to correct that I contacted them again, and to date it is in the process of being rectified and re-allocated to my NI Number, so till then I can't have a bill, etc or anything. (They made a mistake and allocated my payment to someone else's NI Number and now are taking ages to fix it, apparently gone to another department to be re-allocated - TAKING AGES :/)

Now the question is, going by the rule book, I either need an up-to-date NI Bill (which I don't have - even though I have paid the balance) or a direct debit in place for the contributions (which is not) to demonstrate that I am registered as self-employed.

Question 2 is; I was already registered as self-employed back in 2012, over a year before I applied for my Entrepreneur leave to remain. Do I still have to produce a "welcome letter" for my extension? Or first 2 NI bills - which I do have - still before my initial leave to remain as entrepreneur?

Okay, so a quick summary of my confusion and questons:

-Been self-employed since Sep'2012 when I was on a PSW.
-Applied for Entrepreneur in Dec 2013 was granted Leave to Remain as one in Jan'2014
-How do I go on about demonstrating I was, and still am self-employed? P.S ** Do not have up-to-date NI Bills, or any after the specified date - i.e after being granted leave to remain under entrepreneur.
-However been actively trading, running business, filing VATs since 2014 onwards, filing returns, turnover exceeding 850k etc.

SO! - as i was already before my leave to remain as an entrepreneur registered as self employed, i won't have a bill or welcome letter within 6 months of getting my entrepreneur leave, so how do I go on about proving according to the rule book that yes I have been self employed continuously, and secondly as i don't have an up to date bill for the ni and paid the balance in one go over the phone, hence no direct debits, how do I demonstrate this side of the story? -- well confused :/

Don't have much time left, do I have to wait for my ni balance to be updated and request a bill, set up a fresh direct debit, what do i do? so stupid for me to leave it to the last minute, even though technically I meet all the requirements and been running a genuine business.

Any other way I can demonstrate? or prove? any suggestions, comments, guidance would be highly appreciated.

noajthan

Re: HELP! - Extension - Self Employed NI PROOF

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:58 pm

No need for multiple posts.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.