ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cosak
United Kingdom

Re: spouse visa questions

Post by cosak » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:32 pm

hello sir,

i need a letter from my employer who could confirm the following. my problem is that i am a non salaried employee and i do lots of overtime... my gross annual salary can't be calculated by my employer at this stage to write it on the letter. I wonder what i should do ?..please advice...i am very grateful to all ..please help...thanks.

b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:02 pm

hello guys,

it seems that my posts are getting buried and not looked at...i have asked a few questions but nobody seems to bother answering them..

i just want to ask about the house inspection report... does it have to be 28 days old from the date of online application submission??... i am applying for spouse visa for my wife on 24th Dec. and i am hoping to get inspection report done in the middle of November... will it be alright and acceptable>?? or should I get it done on the 1st Dec. to give it 28 days validity??.... please help if anybody knows the answer...thanks

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:38 am

Applicant : xxxxxxx (My Wife)
Passport No. 00000000000, D.O.B: 000000, Nationality: xxxxxx

Applicant : xxxxxx (My Stepdaughter)
Passport No.. 0000000000, D.O.B: 0000000, Nationality: xxxxxx

I am writing to confirm that I am acting as a sponsor for my wife and stepdaughter visa applications to join me in the UK under ‘family of a settled person’ visa category on permanent basis.

I am employed by xxxxxxx as a bus driver. I have been working for xxxxxxxx since 6th June 2012 as a permanent employee. I earn sufficient income to support and upkeep my wife and stepdaughter in the UK on permanent basis.

I am a British citizen. I live at xxxxxxxxxxxxx I have my own house. My house is a 3 bedroom townhouse which is quite spacious and adequate my wife, stepdaughter and myself to live in comfortably.

My wife and I met online in August 2013. Our relationship developed gradually over our regular contact with each other on Skype, phone and emails. We decided to meet each other in person. My wife invited me to visit her in her hometown xxxxxxx. I flew to visit her and my stepdaughter on 13 January 2014. It was the first time when I met my wife and stepdaughter in person. I also met mother in law and her close family relatives. Our amorous relationship became deeper and stronger during our first meeting and that’s when we both felt serious and committed to each other in a relationship. I proposed my wife for marriage during my second visit to her in March 2014 to which she accepted my proposal of marriage. Her mother’s and family’s blessing were received when we broke the news to them.

I got married to my wife (xxxxxx) on 30th December 2015 in xxxxxxx. My wife and I, accompanied by my stepdaughter, went to xxxxxx, Turkey for our honey moon on 20th February 2016. We also enjoyed short holidays on sea resorts near xxxxxxx.

I have made several visits to xxxxxxx to see my wife and stepdaughter before and after our wedding. I have lived with my wife and stepdaughter on different periods of which the details are stated in their visa application forms. My wife and stepdaughter also came to xxxxxx, UK to visit me. They stayed with me from 3rd August 2016 to 11th October 2016. We also went to Turkey for a short family holiday.

My wife and I stay in touch with each via Skpye, VK, emails and phone. I have developed a strong bond with my stepdaughter too and also with my mother in law. I have also good relations with my wife’s close family and friends. I am also flying to xxxxxxx on xxxx January 2017 to see my wife and stepdaughter. I will be celebrating xxxxxx Christmas together with my family.

I hope my wife and stepdaughter will be able to join me in the UK in early Spring 2017 so that we could start our family life together. . I have strongly developed a father-daughter bond with my stepdaughter (xxxxxx) who is very fond of me and loves me too. I intend to make the UK our family home live with my wife and stepdaughter permanently. I intend to expend our family by having one more child with my wife and I hope my family will be able to join me soon.

I am enclosing the following documents in support of my wife and stepdaughter visa applications to join me in the UK on permanent basis:

1. Cover Letter
2. Sponsorship Undertaking SU07/12
3. Certified photocopies of my British passport
4. Certified photocopies of British Passport pages with entry / exit stamps to xxxxxx, xxxxx
5. xxxxxx Marriage certificate, certified translated into English
6. Certified photocopy of my Divorce certificate from previous marriage (Appostilled too)
7. Certified photocopy of Land Registry / Title Deed of my house
8. House inspection report from the city council for immigration purposes.
9. Letter from Halifax Bank confirming my monthly repayments of mortgage
10. Certified photocopy of my Employment contract from Stagecoach bus company
11. Letter from employer / Stagecoach bus company
12. Certified photocopies P60s for past two years
13. Payslips of last 7 months
14. HSBC bank statements for last 7 months
15. Council tax bill
16. Letter from Lancaster city council confirming payments of council tax
17. Utility bills (water, gas & electricity )
18. Money transfer receipts to my wife
19. Wedding photos + other photos of us together
20. Flight itineraries printouts.
21. Skype & VK messages history

I request you to please grant the above applicants visa to enter the UK as my spouse and dependent child (stepdaughter). I shall be grateful for your consideration and cooperation.

Yours faithfully,

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:42 am

please help guys with the above cover letter from me as a sponsor.. please see if it's done correctly..i would appreciate your feebback..thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:43 am

cosak wrote:1. Cover Letter
2. Sponsorship Undertaking SU07/12 This is NOT required, for either of them.
3. Certified photocopies of my British passport
4. Certified photocopies of British Passport pages with entry / exit stamps to xxxxxx, xxxxx
5. xxxxxx Marriage certificate, certified translated into English
6. Certified photocopy of my Divorce certificate from previous marriage (Appostilled too)
7. Certified photocopy of Land Registry / Title Deed of my house
8. House inspection report from the city council for immigration purposes.
9. Letter from Halifax Bank confirming my monthly repayments of mortgage
10. Certified photocopy of my Employment contract from Stagecoach bus company
11. Letter from employer / Stagecoach bus company
12. Certified photocopies P60s for past two years
13. Payslips of last 7 months Are these originals?
14. HSBC bank statements for last 7 months Are these originals?
15. Council tax bill
16. Letter from Lancaster city council confirming payments of council tax Not required. A copy of your council tax bill is sufficient.
17. Utility bills (water, gas & electricity )
18. Money transfer receipts to my wife
19. Wedding photos + other photos of us together
20. Flight itineraries printouts.
21. Skype & VK messages history
Does your wife have evidence of sole responsibility (not sure if mentioned somewhere in this very long topic)

Not sure why you are writing so much in the cover letter. HO don't make decisions based on emotions etc. You should be brief and to the point. Lots of what you have written is already asked in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:56 am

thanks a lot CR0001

very much appreciate your help... my wife has sole responsibility certificate, certified and translated into english too.... i have original payslips and bank statements too...i will omit the letter from the council too... i think i will also shorten the letter too...thganks...

one more thing if i may ask... when i booked appointments for biometric... the system doesn't give me option to book appointments for my wife and stepdaughter together..they have to be seperate???..

when i pay for IHS, will i put 'coming alone' or 'joining family'??....

shall i include a short cover letter from my wife too including all the documents listed on the letter too as a check list...??.. please help thanks a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:22 pm

cosak wrote:thanks a lot CR0001

very much appreciate your help... my wife has sole responsibility certificate, certified and translated into english too.... i have original payslips and bank statements too...i will omit the letter from the council too... i think i will also shorten the letter too...thganks...

one more thing if i may ask... when i booked appointments for biometric... the system doesn't give me option to book appointments for my wife and stepdaughter together..they have to be seperate???.. Yes separate.

when i pay for IHS, will i put 'coming alone' or 'joining family'??.... Apply alone otherwise it will calculate a silly amount. It must be £600 each. Not sure if they 'apply to join' will give this error as you are British. I don't have experience of IHS as my journey ended years ago.

shall i include a short cover letter from my wife too including all the documents listed on the letter too as a check list...??.. please help thanks a lot Don't overthink the process. Only give them what is asked for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:27 pm

Thanks a lot CR0001

I suppose i will book two appointment for the same day, same time and my wife and stepdaughter will go in together with a pile of documents to submit them???... i hope it will be ok...thanks a lot again....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:29 pm

cosak wrote:Thanks a lot CR0001

I suppose i will book two appointment for the same day, same time and my wife and stepdaughter will go in together with a pile of documents to submit them???... i hope it will be ok...thanks a lot again....
Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:28 pm

hi guys,

i've had a look at IHS payment page, it gives me the summary page where my wife's (applicant) details are mentioned.. at the bottom it says 'you don't have any dependents' click 'yes and agree'... my wife has a daughter who is applying for settlement visa together with my wife, she has been mentioned on my wife's application form as well..we have filled up seperate forms for her as well.....

question is what should i do in this situation....my wife has a dependent child and the IHS has pulled up information saying that my wife doesn't have a dependent and it also doesn't give option to edit or anything..... i scared to proceed in case it's all done wrong...please advice....

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:31 pm

hi,

please can someone advice on this question on VAF4A form for spouse visa.

Do you intend to work in the UK?... i just wonder whether to put yes or no for this question. my wife will ccertainly work but not sure when and what work... if i put yes... i don't what details i should give...if i put no... will it have any negative effect....

please help if anybody know about this...thanks

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:07 pm

hi,

i have just read this on Appendix FM1.7...

I am a non salaried employee and do overtime to meet financial requirement of 22400 for wife and a child visas.... it says the overtime will be counted towards the gross annual income......and then in 5.5.8 it says that any overtime or commission earned after the date of the application will not be counted toward annual income..... my question is: are they talking about 'salaried employment in 5.5.8?.........please advice...thanks a lot...

5.5.7. Overtime, commission-based pay and bonuses (which can include tips and gratuities
paid via a tronc scheme registered with HMRC) will be counted as income from
employment where they have been received in the 6 or 12 months prior to the date of
application as applicable. Sometimes the person will receive the same amount of
income from overtime each month; sometimes overtime payments will vary, with
different amounts (if any) each month. All overtime in salaried employment will be
calculated based on the approach to income from non-salaried employment. This will be
Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement
May 2016
an annualised 6-month average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the
gross annual salary.
5.5.8. However, any future earnings that a person may earn by way of overtime, commissionbased pay or bonuses will not count as income towards the financial requirement. This
exclusion also applies where an applicant’s partner seeks to rely on a job offer in the UK
that will start within three months of their return. There is one exception to this: in
respect of such a job offer in the UK, gross “on-target” earnings which may be expected
from satisfactory performance in the standard or core hours of work can be included.
This must be evidenced in the letter from the employer or signed contract of employment
which must be submitted.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:06 pm

hi guys, please say something about the above post if you guys have any information on it... i believe they are talking about people who are salaried employment..am i right???...

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:58 pm

State that your wife intends to work and if details are requested just state examples of the type of work she would be interested in.

Given the difference in the way salaried and non salaried income is calculated I would assume that the question is in reference to salaried employment.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:42 pm

Thanks a lot Hopeful,

i thought it might be the same...thanks for your input.

please can i ask one more question..

i wish to add gross income of my week's work for 11th December 2016.. the problem is that i don't receive the payslip of that week until 4th january (17 days later)... I wish to submit online application form on 24th Dec... I understand I can still calculate and add the final income figure on Appendix 2 for as it's filled up by hand....
my concern is...will they question that i have taken the payslip into consideration which is issued after the date of online application submission?.... please help as i am struggling with this point...thanks

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:22 am

hi,
I have encountered another question regarding IHS payment... they system's asking 'please enter the expiry date of leave to remain of the person you are joining in the UK'.... i am a british citizen and that question doesn't apply to me...

the problem is that it doesn't let you proceed further without answering that question....please help...

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:15 am

hi guys,

i would really appreciate you if you please advice on the above three to four posts.. i just need to be sure that i am doing the form in right way...thanks a lot

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:03 pm

hi moderators,

please can i request you guys to have a look at my above three to four post if possible.. it seems nobody is bothered or has no information about it...i would appreciate any clarification...thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:22 am

Moderators look after the smooth running of the forum and don't necessarily have more knowledge than other members (and in some cases, less).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:25 am

cosak wrote:hi,
I have encountered another question regarding IHS payment... they system's asking 'please enter the expiry date of leave to remain of the person you are joining in the UK'.... i am a british citizen and that question doesn't apply to me...

the problem is that it doesn't let you proceed further without answering that question....please help...
Other members have posted that there is a tick box for stating you are BC. Alternatively, she needs to apply ALONE if you have followed a visa route to BC, i.e you should not put in the visa route you previously held (if applicable) otherwise it won't calculate the correct figure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Hi, please can someone help me on this confusion. I have been told that the wageslip should correspond to the bank statement and shouldn't be older than 28 day from the date of biometric appointment date... I get my wage slips weekly on every Wednesday but get paid 17 days in arrears. If I put my wageslip for the week of 18th Dec, I will get mk ey into my account for that week on 5th Jan. My bank statement will never match my wageslip because it's 17 days gap. Its our company policy. I can ask my employer to write it on a letter saying that they pay me in arrears of 17 days... please help if that will be ok or what I should do..thanks