ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement dilemma (working over-time)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhani2010
Newly Registered

Financial Requirement dilemma (working over-time)

Post by bhani2010 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:01 pm

Hi,
So my husband is in Nepal and our application was rejected due to not meeting financial requirements. I was short of around £2000 pa. Hence I showed my savings. they were not convinced about the savings..currently we have appealed.
However i understand that appealing can take very long. Hence, I have been working longer hours at my current job consistantly so that 18600 is met. I was advised to be prepared to make fresh application by my (new) lawyer. So immediately thought that i have to look for additional job. But, my lawyer told me to continue working at my current workplace but work an additional day.
My manager is able to provide me with the hours however additional day will count as over-time.
Basically, I want to make the new application with confidence.
Although the guidance note does not state that overtime will not be taken into consideration, I am left with further confusion because lawyers' advice did not go down well the first time.
Any advice please?
Anyone been rejected due to over-time being not taken into consideration to meet the financial requirement?

Thank you.

cosak
United Kingdom

Re: Financial Requirement dilemma (working over-time)

Post by cosak » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:10 pm

The overtime will be taken into consideration as long as the its mentioned on your wageslip and the gross income meets the income threshold. The HO recommends either to increase your working hours in your current job or improve your skills to fet better paid job to meet the financial requirement. Hioe it helps.

bhani2010
Newly Registered

Post by bhani2010 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:17 pm

I was worried about this for a while. Thank you for your prompt response @cosak

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:08 pm

bhani2010 wrote:Hi,
Although the guidance note does not state that overtime will not be taken into consideration, I am left with further confusion because lawyers' advice did not go down well the first time.
Any advice please?

Thank you.
Guidance clearly explain about overtime and they are calculated in same way as income from non salaried i.e you will add up all overtime you got in last 6 month, divide it by 6 and multiply by12 and that amount could be added to your annual gross salaried or non salaried employment under CAT A. Also make sure that your meployer mention this in employer letter that you are allowed to work overtime

5.5.7. Overtime, commission-based pay and bonuses (which can include tips and gratuities
paid via a tronc scheme registered with HMRC) will be counted as income from
employment where they have been received in the 6 or 12 months prior to the date of
application as applicable. Sometimes the person will receive the same amount of
income from overtime each month; sometimes overtime payments will vary, with
different amounts (if any) each month. All overtime in salaried employment will be
calculated based on the approach to income from non-salaried employment. This will be
an annualised 6-month average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the
gross annual salary.