ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recent applications via EEA4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oleburdo

Recent applications via EEA4

Post by oleburdo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Hello Guys,

I will be applying for my Permanent Card very soon and am wondering if any of you had a recent experience with applying via EEA4 instead of PR(EEA) form?
I know EEA4 form should be accepted, but I would like to know if someone had successful experience.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

O :)

noajthan

Re: Recent applications via EEA4

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:09 pm

oleburdo wrote:Hello Guys,

I will be applying for my Permanent Card very soon and am wondering if any of you had a recent experience with applying via EEA4 instead of PR(EEA) form?
I know EEA4 form should be accepted, but I would like to know if someone had successful experience.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

O :)
Yes, many have done so - successfully to boot.
They often helpfully record the fact in the timeline thread, that is the ImmigrationBoards way. Check it out.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 pm

Be aware that it appears from 1st February 2017, the UKVI forms will become mandatory.

oleburdo

Post by oleburdo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:18 pm

Thank you very much for your quick replies, Guys!
I hope the old version application will be still accepted as that new Regulation is not in power yet, right?

Kind regards,

O xx

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:35 pm

ohara wrote:Be aware that it appears from 1st February 2017, the UKVI forms will become mandatory.
But that new Regulation 21 does not sit comfortably with the cleaner, purer EU law.

And there is an exception
the Secretary of State may accept an application submitted by post or in person which does not use the relevant application form specified by the Secretary of State.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 am

noajthan wrote:But that new Regulation 21 does not sit comfortably with the cleaner, purer EU law.
I agree but we all know how much the HO (doesn't) care about following EU law.
(6) Where—

(a)there are circumstances beyond the control of an applicant for documentation under this Part; and

(b)as a result, the applicant is unable to comply with the requirements to submit an application online or using the application form specified by the Secretary of State,
I'm struggling to think of a situation where it would be beyond an applicant's control to use the mandatory form (I assume the current series of forms or perhaps some new versions post-Brexit) yet be able to use EEA3/EEA4 from yesteryear.

For safety, I'm going to pull the eea3_simple form on 1st Jan and replace it with an explanation as to why. Hopefully soon the government will backtrack.