ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help very urgent!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CLda
Newly Registered

Immigration of family members from outside the uk.

Post by CLda » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi everyone ,

I'm quite new in this forum and I found it to be very helpful especially to myself as by following what others have written I have been able to put together the necessary documents to bring over my husband and 3 kids to the Uk
However am a bit stuck with few questions which I would very much appreciate if someone shed light on them

Just before that I got a bit of a short history of my self.
I have a permanent resident which was issued in November of 2016 following a retained right of residence.I therefore want to bring my husband as a ( husband) we are not legally married but have 3 kids all below the age of 18yrs together . We plan to get married before we submit the application.
My big issue is that we've not lived together for over 3yrs but keep contact on daily basis via Skype or viber,hence not sure how to convince the HO that his my husband./luckily got the birth certificate .I always travel twice or thrice an year to my native country and he has visited me several times to the Uk through a visitors visa .
i don't have any contact evidence to prove as we all know that with what app/viber you can't have call logs history unless there is a way out which am not aware of.
My other issue is that I live in a 4 bedroom house shared accommodation with two other flat mates therefore all bills are all inclusive resulting to no council tax or water bills. On the form VAF4A appendix 2 on the Accomodation details there is a question as to where the family will be staying.

1. My question is would it be ok to write another address other than the one am living in and state that once the family arrives in the Uk we shall all be moving to address B and look for one & pay for it.

2can I just use my own address and assume everything will be ok? As that's where I get my bank statement and pay slips.Someone said I can't use two addresses on any form. Why not if I hill be having receipts of the new Accomodation?

3.There is also another question on the form , asking of when you intend to travel.If I stated that they will be joining me in 6months time from now , will that Raise any question as to why we are leaving it that long to be together.

4.Are the biometrics supposed to be submitted with the application ?Can someone please send me a link that allows to me understand more.

5.my financial earnings meets the required threshold from a salaried employment but to be on the safe side i wanted to include my investment of shares and bonds. What am not quite sure is , is it the total amount of investment that counts or it how much of dividends that I get?

6.is it ok to submit two different applications at the same time.One will be the family settlement back in my native country and the other is for my naturalisation to be submitted in Uk bearing in mind the my permanent residence was issued in November 2016 .Do I qualify ?

Thanks very much everyone in advance and I please hope that someone will help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration of family members from outside the uk.

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:10 pm

There are several issues here.

1. How did you qualify for ROR?

2. When did you acquire PR?

3. What are your annual earnings?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:30 pm

In addition to Casa's questions, where are your children? What are their UK immigration status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi casa & Croo1.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

I qualified FOR A ROR following the death of an EEA SPOUSE in 2013. I then got my PR in November 2016
I have rekindled my old relationship for the sake of the children who are back in Philippines and are phillipinnes nationals. My annual earnings is 35000..

Thanks in advance

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:10 pm

CLda wrote:Hi everyone ,

I'm quite new in this forum and I found it to be very helpful especially to myself as by following what others have written I have been able to put together the necessary documents to bring over my husband and 3 kids to the Uk

1. My question is would it be ok to write another address other than the one am living in and state that once the family arrives in the Uk we shall all be moving to address B and look for one & pay for it.

2can I just use my own address and assume everything will be ok? As that's where I get my bank statement and pay slips.Someone said I can't use two addresses on any form. Why not if I hill be having receipts of the new Accomodation?

3.There is also another question on the form , asking of when you intend to travel.If I stated that they will be joining me in 6months time from now , will that Raise any question as to why we are leaving it that long to be together.

4.Are the biometrics supposed to be submitted with the application ?Can someone please send me a link that allows to me understand more.

5.my financial earnings meets the required threshold from a salaried employment but to be on the safe side i wanted to include my investment of shares and bonds. What am not quite sure is , is it the total amount of investment that counts or it how much of dividends that I get?

6.is it ok to submit two different applications at the same time.One will be the family settlement back in my native country and the other is for my naturalisation to be submitted in Uk bearing in mind the my permanent residence was issued in November 2016 .Do I qualify ?

Mabuhay!

1) Doesn't make sense; you can't use an imaginary or future address.
Keep it real.

2) Submit evidence for your one, current address! See #1

3) Explain it in a cogent cover letter. Don't apply too early.

Who is coming anyway?
Fiance and/or (your?) children.
Any other children?

How old is oldest child?

Why do they need to wait 6 months, what is happening in meantime?

5) No need if you meet the financial requirement based on income alone.

6) What is date of acquisition of PR? Not the date of issue of card!

If no British spouse then you need to wait 12 months after getting settled status before applying to naturalise.
So its unlikely you will have both applications underway at same time (with all the complications around sharing evidence that that would bring).

Suggest familiarise yourself with requirements for naturalisation upfront. After all, forewarned is forearmed.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:21 pm

Had you and your late husband resided in the UK as man and wife in the 2 years preceding his death in 2013?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:11 pm

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply .
Obie wrote:Had you and your late husband resided in the UK as man and wife in the 2 years preceding his death in 2013?
That answer to that is yes we did.

I would like my fiancé and the 3 kids to come.There are no other kids involved other than my
My twins the oldest will be 18 in March, and the youngest is 14yrs. Why I intend them to come in 6 months time is because I need to look for a place to live before they come.We also need to know how we shall dispose some of our properties back home before they travel but I have to be fast to apply before my twins hit 18yrs.
The acquisition date was 2nd of November 2016.

I really wanted to add additional finances after reading here that someone was denied after she/he thought he had the required threshold cos the HO used the lowest salary in the month.If that's the case then I will be in trouble cos my salary varies.My lowest has been 900 in a month :x and it's in fact the October 2016.Would extra /bank shifts /overtime count?I hope you see what I mean.

Many many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:17 pm

You had PR from 2013, in the Light of what you just confirmed.

Try and apply for the one going to be 18 before March 2013.

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Obie wrote:You had PR from 2013, in the Light of what you just confirmed.

Please I don't understand about having my PR at 2013.I just got PR on 1st of November.What is the difference between acquisition date and date of issue? :P
Please shed more light.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:28 pm

It means you can apply for naturalisation immediately, without need to wait for 12 months.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 pm

CLda wrote:

Please I don't understand about having my PR at 2013.I just got PR on 1st of November.What is the difference between acquisition date and date of issue? :P
Please shed more light.
The card is just a confirmation of your status and it has an issue date (and an expiry date).

The settled/PR status is what is important (not the card) and the status does not 'expire' unless you have been absent from UK for 2 years.
If you are not now in UK when did you leave UK?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Thanks again.

I am currently in Uk, but I was thinking of submitting the naturalization the same day I shall be leaving to Philippines after Xmas .
This is what I understand , even though I've not been with my PR for 12 months from the day of issue I can apply for my naturalization as I have been living legitimately with a settled status from the death of my husband. I.e. my ROR.

When you say that I apply for the one going 18? Do you mean apply for my twins before they are 18? Before March 2013?did you mean March 2016?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:55 pm

CLda wrote:When you say that I apply for the one going 18? Do you mean apply for my twins before they are 18? Before March 2013?did you mean March 2016?
Once they turn 18, they won't qualify for a Child settlement visa as they will be considered adults and will have to qualify for a visa in their own right, i.e. tier 4 student visa etc etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:38 pm

CLda wrote:Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply .
Obie wrote:Had you and your late husband resided in the UK as man and wife in the 2 years preceding his death in 2013?
That answer to that is yes we did.
Obie and noajthan are correct. It seems that you had automatically acquired PR since the unfortunate death of your husband under 15(1)(e). The issue of the PR card doesn't confer your PR status, but confirms it.

As CR001 advised, your children should apply for settlement visas before they reach 18 years old. Else, they may be refused.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:10 am

Please can someone advice me on how to have the biometrics done? is that done before submitting the application of is just like the uk process where you send your application and the HO theN ask you to go and have them done.

Please a link or advice will be appreciated.

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:47 am

Could you also kindly elaborate more about my salaried employment I.e While calculating my gross income can I use the lowest salary within the last 6 month and add it to my bank shifts. my lowest salary in the month of Oct 2016 was 900+ bank shifts of 600 in the course of October = 1500* 12 giving me £ 18,000As gross annual income. :cry: bearing in mind this will be used to fund my husband &3 kids. :cry: :cry:
My question is does bank/extra shifts count to your monthly income?

Which category should I go for if in the last 12 months I had a PAYE NON salaried job that gave me 15000 until September then changed it into a limited company with a minimum payment of 250 per week .

I also do have my own savings of £cash 13000 and bond and shares of £ 20000 . Can I use them to fulfill my financial requirement.
Which is the best category to use?
Please please help.

CLda
Newly Registered

Please help very urgent!!

Post by CLda » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:36 pm

I submitted my online application 2 days ago.
Am very very worried reasons being the form VF4A is yet to be submitted because we are myself and my partner has a disagreement on what category to indicate .
Am on a permanent salaried employment& paid every month, I was about to submit my applicationbased on category A. What I did is I added up the last 6 months pay then divided 6 then multiply by 12 = 23000.Then added my 6 months bank shifts (total was 4200 divided by six multiplied by 12= 8400..therefore my total gross annual income was 23000+ 8400=31,000.

However my husband thinks am wrong ,he suggests that I should of taken the lowest salary paid in the last 6months it was 900 multiply that by 12=10,800 :cry: :cry:
10,800+ 8400 (annual bank shifts ) =19,200 :cry: meaning am unable to fund 3kids and him :cry:

Am trying to make him understand regardless of me being in a salaried employment I can choose what category I will meet the financial requirements. But he argues by saying that I can't be in a salaried employment and use a unsalaried formula :( .Are we not meant to pick and choose how to meet the financial requirement?

Who is correct? Myself or my husband? If my husband is right and hope not then can I do? I was basically in another employment before I joined my current employer.I still work for my previous employer have been with them for 3years on a PAYE but I Switched to a limited company in August 2014. Please help me.
Please please help

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Please help very urgent!!

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:54 pm

(6months wages/6*12) that formula is for those whose wages vary each months, for example:
1000+1800+1900+1635+1225+2023= 9583/6*12=19166

that formula does not apply if your wages usually remains same then the lowest income of previous 6 months have to take.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:58 am

noajthan wrote:
CLda wrote:Hi everyone ,

Mabuhay!

1) Doesn't make sense; you can't use an imaginary or future address.
Keep it real.

2) Submit evidence for your one, current address! See #1

3) Explain it in a cogent cover letter. Don't apply too early.

Who is coming anyway?
Fiance and/or (your?) children.
Any other children?

How old is oldest child?

Why do they need to wait 6 months, what is happening in meantime?

5) No need if you meet the financial requirement based on income alone.

6) What is date of acquisition of PR? Not the date of issue of card!

If no British spouse then you need to wait 12 months after getting settled status before applying to naturalise.
So its unlikely you will have both applications underway at same time (with all the complications around sharing evidence that that would bring).

Suggest familiarise yourself with requirements for naturalisation upfront. After all, forewarned is forearmed.
HI Everyone,

Could someone please help me draft a cover letter based on the above information.I am really struggling to do so and I can't afford to pay a solicitor to do so, after how much I've used and still needed.
Many Thanks