ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year Long residence application - with PANKINA GAP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

isealbychris
Newly Registered

10 year Long residence application - with PANKINA GAP

Post by isealbychris » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi All,
I am typing my case history, hoping this would help someone in very similar situation as myself to get some clarification. I personally benefited by reading lots of topics in this forum.

I entered UK as a student in Oct,2005 and in Dec, 2008 I applied for a PSW visa. My PSW visa was refused under the Maintenance fund. The refusal letter was sent to me when there was 10 days left in my visa, the letter also stated I do not have right to appeal. At this point I was in a full –time professional job. So I notified my employer about my visa situation and left the country 29Feb 2009 (did not wanted to overstay). Hoping, I have 8 more months to apply from outside the country.
On 31 March 2009, the Home office changed the categories and rules so I lost the opportunity to apply. I went on with my life, accidentally got married ;) and settled with a family. Occasionally I used to peek in Home office website and read something about “Pankina Review”.

So, I sent a letter to home office in April 2011 by DHL couriers and home office replied in August 2011. Stamped PSW in November 2011 as an in country Extension (Leave to Remain * this is important) Valid to November 2013.

Following which I switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa valid till 9th Dec 2016.
The primary condition for 10-year Long Residence – continuity in legal residence in UK.

In my case I did leave UK for more than 180 days at a time. For me it was 965 days, starting March 2009 to November 2011. My total leave of absence from UK was 1142 days, which should be obviously 540 days.

I did employ a lawyer to argue my case.Yesterday I was granted ILR, the only reason I am typing my case history hoping this help someone to find some clarity on making right decision. I used this forum in many number of occasions.

Phew can’t believe this happened in 2016 considering Harambe, Brexit and Trump. Nevertheless, to me it is by the grace of the mighty god.

I wish all the applicants an absolute success, A Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New year 2017
Last edited by isealbychris on Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Re: 10 year Long residence application - with PANKINA GAP

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:47 pm

Well done!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Inspiring persistence and fortitude.
And thanks to the unexpected break you gained a family too. Wonderful.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

isealbychris
Newly Registered

Post by isealbychris » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Thanks fellas, Immigration had recently become expensive, frustrating, anxious and tiresome.

I applied through premium service and first appointment for the day at 8:00 am. It took 3 hours for my case decision,while waiting I noticed 2 people where handing out the results. One was a bloke ( security like personality) and another a lady. I read people as part of my work and I was sure the bloke was giving out the refusals and the lady was giving out the successful ones.