ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cos date change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ir_mel
Newly Registered

Cos date change

Post by ir_mel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:03 am

Hi all,

My employer applied for a 5 year COS but we will apply for a 3 year Tier 2 visa. In this case, I think they have to change the date to 3 years on COS as well. I read on this forum that someone's visa got rejected as the visa request was not the same length (of time) as the COS. Is it easy to change the 5 year date period on COS to 3 year period? I have not used the COS yet it was only assigned yesterday?

Thanks

ir_mel
Newly Registered

Re: Cos date change

Post by ir_mel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:24 am

I also have 2 more questions about the application form, what do I answer to the question below? Im tranfering from tier 4 to tier 2 general so my employer did not complete a RMLT.

Also for the English requirement which one do I need to pick? My degree was taught in English from a UK institute

Do I need to get a letter from my university confirming that my degree was taught in English?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:35 pm

Cos dates can not be changed once it is assigned.
you will need to ask your sponsor to add a note to the cos. this is done in the SMS.
better to attach a letter explaining that the dates have been changes in cos notes.

ir_mel
Newly Registered

Post by ir_mel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:45 pm

iworker wrote:Cos dates can not be changed once it is assigned.
you will need to ask your sponsor to add a note to the cos. this is done in the SMS.
better to attach a letter explaining that the dates have been changes in cos notes.
thank you, could you also help me with my questions about the application form?

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:58 am

ir_mel wrote:Hi all,

My employer applied for a 5 year COS but we will apply for a 3 year Tier 2 visa. In this case, I think they have to change the date to 3 years on COS as well. I read on this forum that someone's visa got rejected as the visa request was not the same length (of time) as the COS. Is it easy to change the 5 year date period on COS to 3 year period? I have not used the COS yet it was only assigned yesterday?

Thanks

Why don't you want to apply for 5 years? If you are moving from Tier 4 to Tier 2 and your sponsor wanted to do 5 years. I think it will be in your best interest to go for 5 years. just my opinion.

but to answer your question. Your HR can add sponsor note to indicate change in the start date and end date.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:15 am

you have to have a the experienced rate salary if you are applying for 5 years.
Are u using a form or online portal to apply.. where are these questions appearing.
you could click on sponsor completed RLMT to move forward and mention in the end notes that sponsor is exempt due to change from tier 4.
Similarly for the other question.
Make sure you are applying online and not looking at some ancient form