ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT Exempt !

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

RLMT Exempt !

Post by janinah » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi All,

I have a question regarding CoS issue. While issuing a Tier 2 (G) CoS to a existing employee who is under tier 4 student visa and recently degree. He meets SOC requirements with his current job title and duty. Now, as far i know he is exempted from RLMT. But, when trying to issue CoS to him, there is a question " is he meet RLMT ? " yes or no. Then next question in details. Which option i should select for him as he is exempt from RLMT. Should i just click yes then describe that he is exempted from RLMT or no then describe he is exempted from the test.
Please let me know...

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: RLMT Exempt !

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:57 pm

Why would you think he's exempt from RMLT? A new graduate doesn't seem to fit the bill unless he has some super talent...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:16 pm

Thats not me.... Home Office think all new graduates are super talent and thats why they are exempted from RMLT...

Thanks.... but thats was not my question....

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:14 am

janinah wrote:Hi All,

I have a question regarding CoS issue. While issuing a Tier 2 (G) CoS to a existing employee who is under tier 4 student visa and recently degree. He meets SOC requirements with his current job title and duty. Now, as far i know he is exempted from RLMT. But, when trying to issue CoS to him, there is a question " is he meet RLMT ? " yes or no. Then next question in details. Which option i should select for him as he is exempt from RLMT. Should i just click yes then describe that he is exempted from RLMT or no then describe he is exempted from the test.
Please let me know...

Thanks
There is a RLMT exemption for students moving from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
So the answer to question about whether Requirements for RLMT were met is YES. and for the explanation.
Just simply say Tier 4 to Tier 2 does not require RLMT
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

nasmc92
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nasmc92 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:36 am

RLMT requirement met: YES
Reason: T4 to T2 Conversion

this is what my employer did back in 2013

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Thank you very much

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Why would you think he's exempt from RMLT? A new graduate doesn't seem to fit the bill unless he has some super talent...
Wrong advice. Any Tier 4 converting to Tier 2 who successfully obtained their degree is exempt.
I have a feeling this will be changed in the near future, but until then this has nothing to do with super talents...