ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:30 am

MrsGreenside wrote:It makes you wonder what is taking so long. Unless you lived under a rock for the majority of the qualifying period surely there should be enough evidence to finish background checks within two years and more. I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on this forum that this rather stressful period of waiting is short and successful in the end. Stay positive!
Some migrants have 'colourful' immigration histories and many withhold information from HO, so there are a number of reason why there can be very long delays.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:35 am

I know where you're coming from but isn't it strange how the people with long waiting times on this forum claim to be straight forward cases? If they were to have colourful histories and/or withhold information they should not be surprised to be waiting a long time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:45 am

MrsGreenside wrote:I know where you're coming from but isn't it strange how the people with long waiting times on this forum claim to be straight forward cases? If they were to have colourful histories and/or withhold information they should not be surprised to be waiting a long time.
Straightforward to us is very clearly not straightforward to HO. Some people think 'minor immigration mistakes' in the past are a) not their fault, ie solicitor or b) that HO will overlook it because leave to remain and ILR have been granted previously. Many believe immigration RULES and British Citizenship LAWS are the same thing, when they are very much completely separate issues, so what is accepted for one, is not accepted for the other. And often it is simple things, like working more than the allowed 20 hours per week while on a Student Visa for example, which is against the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:49 am

I feel for them. It must be very frustrating to have to wait this long, especially if you're not aware that you may have gone wrong somewhere. I am sure it'll all work out in the end though.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:01 am

MrsGreenside wrote:It makes you wonder what is taking so long. Unless you lived under a rock for the majority of the qualifying period surely there should be enough evidence to finish background checks within two years and more. I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on this forum that this rather stressful period of waiting is short and successful in the end. Stay positive!
Its highly unlikely that some poor benighted caseworker is labouring away for 2 solid years on a case.
This is about elapsed time not 'effort'.
This is more likely to be to do with triage, profiling, policy, oh and systemic organisational dysfunction and inefficiency.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gtht

Post by gtht » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:19 am

My uncle applied for Italian citizenship in 2001 based on ancestry. He finally got it in 2009. It could be a lot worse!
DCPR Applied: 12/5/2016
DCPR Received: 7/9/2016
BC Applied: 3/11/2016
BC Approved: 23/3/2017
Ceremony: 25/4/2017

Blackhawk80
Newly Registered

Post by Blackhawk80 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:19 pm

Hello I will like a bit of advice, am going for my citizenship ceremony on Monday, do I wait for the passport office or I can contact them and book the interview after am done with the ceremony. Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Blackhawk80 wrote:Hello I will like a bit of advice, am going for my citizenship ceremony on Monday, do I wait for the passport office or I can contact them and book the interview after am done with the ceremony. Thanks.
You mean you have applied for passport same time as BC, via NCS JCAP?
If yes, you don't need to do anything as HMPO will send your passport, no interview.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Blackhawk80
Newly Registered

Post by Blackhawk80 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Yes I used NCS thank you very much.

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Some of the recent posts on the naturalisation timelines suggest that it is 30 days + 1 between biometric enrollment and approval. Not counting the receipt of the decision letter.

It will be interesting to see whether there are more such posts :)

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:48 pm

Is anyone applied for Naturalisation in August 2016 and waiting for the decision?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:43 pm

sunshine16 wrote:Is anyone applied for Naturalisation in August 2016 and waiting for the decision?
Suggest search the August 2016 TIMELINE thread to see to avoid this topic become a timeline thread. Also, some people are still waiting since mid 2015 :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Home office really strange
Me and my best freind wife applied in October 2016 same day via Ncs my best friend wife never worked in Uk as she house wife and her husband lives on benefits and they take house benefits and child benefits and all sorts Nd me for 6 years working with no gabs or change the jobs working full time and Nd I have done biometric week before her Nd her case so hard Nd I thought she is Gona be refused but today she received her approval and me still waiting , that's really crazy Nd unfair

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Indianlonly wrote:Home office really strange
Me and my best freind wife applied in October 2016 same day via Ncs my best friend wife never worked in Uk as she house wife and her husband lives on benefits and they take house benefits and child benefits and all sorts Nd me for 6 years working with no gabs or change the jobs working full time and Nd I have done biometric week before her Nd her case so hard Nd I thought she is Gona be refused but today she received her approval and me still waiting , that's really crazy Nd unfair
Economic activity (or lack of it), and/or enjoyment of benefits (or no benefits) makes absolutely no difference whatsover for the privilege of citizenship.

And there is no apparent rhyme or reason to HO operations; what you see is the pure randomness of the (HO) universe in action.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gtht

Post by gtht » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:18 pm

What day did you apply?

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:11 pm

gtht wrote:
What day did you apply?
We both applied 10/10/2016 same Ncs I filled her application Nd booked for her same day and gave her lift but I did my biomaratic before her , I did mine 24 / 10 Nd she did her 29/10
She received her naturalisation 9/12 dated 30 /11

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:42 am

Hi MG543
My situation is same as yours
application date 17-Feb-16
NCS Ipswich
Payment debited 21-Feb-16
Acknowledge Email received 25-Feb-16
nationality Afg
aproval :waiting
caremony :waiting
passport:waiting called H.O still under consideration waiting more than 10 months ............................................................ :roll: ....

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:57 am

I know the feeling! My twin sister and I applied on the same day this autumn. We went to the same NCS together. The money was taken from my account 2 days before her, acknowledgement came through for me first, too. Our circumstances are more or less identical: We came here together in 2006, both have always been in full time employment (me with the same company for all this time!), both married to British men, both of good character (not even a parking ticket!). Yet, she has already received her approval and I am still waiting. It's gruelling! :evil:

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:45 am

MrsGreenside wrote:I know the feeling! My twin sister and I applied on the same day this autumn. We went to the same NCS together. The money was taken from my account 2 days before her, acknowledgement came through for me first, too. Our circumstances are more or less identical: We came here together in 2006, both have always been in full time employment (me with the same company for all this time!), both married to British men, both of good character (not even a parking ticket!). Yet, she has already received her approval and I am still waiting. It's gruelling! :evil:

I thought u recieved ur approval
I guess ur sister is mrsT lol

gtht

Post by gtht » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:47 am

I suspect everything will be delayed over the next couple weeks with the Christmas rush and strike at Royal Mail.

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:51 am

Royal Mail stated yesterday, that the normal deliveries should remain unaffected by any strike action:

http://www.royalmailgroup.com/media/pre ... operations

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:55 am

Indianlonly wrote:I thought u recieved ur approval
Surely I should know if I received my approval :?: :?: :?:

Melak

Post by Melak » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:00 pm

Take heart MrsGreenside. Your approval will come through very soon especially if your circumstances are near identical to your sister's. It's a nerve wrecking wait but let's all hope and pray for the best. I see October applications starting to get regular approvals. Hopefully it won't be a very long wait for us all....

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Thank you for your words, Melak. I wish you the very same. Let's keep the faith, it'll work out eventually.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:39 pm

Hi All
Please advise
Applied for Joint naturalisation and Passport via NCS Wandsworth on Monday 12th Dec ie. Day before yesterday and today my Debit card is stolen and I had to cancel my debit card with the bank.
Not sure what to do. Is there any number I can call UKVI and give them other card details and what would happen about passport fees