ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after EEA2 Expires

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lolo82
Canada

Travelling after EEA2 Expires

Post by lolo82 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Sorry if this has been answered before but i cannot find the information anywhere; My EEA2 expired July 2017. Am i able to travel after the EEA expires if i bring my marriage certificate? Would i need to travel with my spouse? i will be applying for Irish citizenship in Nov 2017 so will not be applying for an EEA4.

Many Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling after EEA2 Expires

Post by ohara » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:58 pm

Where are you travelling to? Getting into the UK shouldn't be too difficult, the problem will be getting on the plane at the other end.

You can always just apply for a family permit.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:58 pm

Where are you travelling to? Getting into the UK shouldn't be too difficult, the problem will be getting on the plane at the other end.

You can always just apply for a family permit.

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:04 pm

It would just be to Spain for a hen. I have advised the group that i cannot travel until i find out otherwise. I haven't actually had to show my visa unless Im arriving into the UK. Other countries I've traveled to don't ask to see my visa or tell me its not needed for them.

When i arrive in Dublin, i show my visa and get asked why I'm showing it to them...has happened 3 times! :)

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:05 pm

An EEA family member residence card isn't a visa.

What is your nationality?

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:10 pm

im Canadian

Sorry for the confusion...its my constant state re: immigration at the moment...

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:17 pm

Canadians are visa free into Schengen area countries anyway aren't they? No problem getting into Spain if so.

Last time I checked Canadians are visa free into the UK too, so no problem getting on the flight back. You could either enter as a visitor (complete with UK visitor stamp in your passport) OR take some evidences with you that proves you are the family member of an EEA citizen who is already in the UK and persuade them to give you the EEA family member stamp. The evidence you would need to provide for the second option would be the same kinda stuff you'd use to apply for a family permit, as that's essentially what you are doing (albeit in person, at the UK border).

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:47 pm

ohara wrote:Canadians are visa free into Schengen area countries anyway aren't they? No problem getting into Spain if so.

Last time I checked Canadians are visa free into the UK too, so no problem getting on the flight back. You could either enter as a visitor (complete with UK visitor stamp in your passport) OR take some evidences with you that proves you are the family member of an EEA citizen who is already in the UK and persuade them to give you the EEA family member stamp. The evidence you would need to provide for the second option would be the same kinda stuff you'd use to apply for a family permit, as that's essentially what you are doing (albeit in person, at the UK border).
Don't get stamped in as a visitor on return :!:
And dependent EEA family members holding a UK RC must not be stamped into UK :!:
Landing card not necessary either.

There's a newer copy floating around on WWW but this UK BF Ops Manual will give you a steer on the welcome awaiting at the UK border:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ndents.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.