ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Refused, please advise?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Charles White
Newly Registered

Spouse visa Refused, please advise?

Post by Charles White » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Need advice for someone here.
Her spouse visa was refused. Can she get her UKVI (NHS) refund from the country of application as she had done it online. The country being South Africa does she go to the UKVI agents' offices because there is no information given about refund. Typical English authorities making things very very difficult.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa Refused, please advise?

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:15 pm

If a visa is refused, the IHS charge is automatically refunded but it can take awhile. Alternatively, log into the IHS portal and apply for a refund.

What were the reasons for refusal?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Charles White
Newly Registered

Post by Charles White » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:42 am

CR001 wrote:If a visa is refused, the IHS charge is automatically refunded but it can take awhile. Alternatively, log into the IHS portal and apply for a refund.

What were the reasons for refusal?
Refusal was that the £18600 threshold was reached but it was submitted as of November 2014 to November 2015. The immigration authority did not indicate anywhere on the internet or their website that it should be from April to April for self employment tax returns.

So April 2014 to 2015 being the tax year end made the application overlap which meant it was not a correct submission.

The thought behind was that one could apply anytime for a visa as long as one met the one year requirement of the stated threshold.
Thank you though for the advice.
Will try.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:35 pm

Charles White wrote:Refusal was that the £18600 threshold was reached but it was submitted as of November 2014 to November 2015. The immigration authority did not indicate anywhere on the internet or their website that it should be from April to April for self employment tax returns.

So April 2014 to 2015 being the tax year end made the application overlap which meant it was not a correct submission.

The thought behind was that one could apply anytime for a visa as long as one met the one year requirement of the stated threshold.
Thank you though for the advice.
Will try.
Word to the wise: Even UK Gov website (and/or published guidance) is not necessarily an authoritative statement of relevant law, regulations, statutory instruments & etc that may apply.
The map is not the territory.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

shakti316
Newly Registered

Post by shakti316 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:25 pm

I had the same problem with my wife's application. Had to go to court where it was overturned. It's just a ridiculous misunderstanding from the part of the ECO. Don't understand how self employment works. Absolutely ridiculous.

I had to waste almost another £1,000 and a year for my wife to arrive.