ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling UK landing Card on Arrival

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandy88

Filling UK landing Card on Arrival

Post by sandy88 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Hello Guys,
good evening to all.

I would like to know regarding filling landing card on arrival to the UK

I am a Family member of an EEA national -married (resident card holder).

since i received my residence card, I made two travel out of the UK. One to Ireland and Italy (same time) and to secondly to India

When i returned from Italy, i filled a landing card and joined the non eu passport queue. when i got the immigration desk, the immigration officer he was nice he did not ask anything else apat from my partners nationality. And he advised me here after i do not need to fill a landing card and i can join the EU line also he did not stamp on my passport - this was happened in Heathrow terminal 5

then recently i returned back from india (Heathrow terminal 3) when i went to join the EU line the officers told me i should join the NON EU line although i explined my situation, I went to NON EU
then when i get to the Immigartion desk the lady(Immigration officer) asked me loads of questions like a marriage interview and asked me to fill landing card as well as she stamped on my passport

my question, there is no set rule regarding this ? or UKBA staff is not aware of EEA rules ?

have anyone experienced this ?

Regards :roll: :roll:

noajthan

Re: Filling UK landing Card on Arrival

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:45 pm

There are rules and on the second occasion they were violated, you should not have had to fill landing card and should not have been stamped into UK.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ndents.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Filling UK landing Card on Arrival

Post by ohara » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:46 am

Which stamp did they give you :?: