ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO experience Sheffield

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doctorwho
Newly Registered

PEO experience Sheffield

Post by doctorwho » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi All ,

I am a regular reader in this forum and have benefitted immensely from the experience of others . Visa application is a nerve wrecking thing for most of us .
I thought ill post my experience so that it might benefit someone in the same situation as me.
I recently applied for my Tier 2 extension . I am working as a doctor in one of the NHS trusts . During my current leave i was promoted to a higher grade from the one i was granted the initial leave but within the same SOC code . I was worried that this might create some problem during extension.Well it did not - so the rule is clear - if ur job title changes or u get promoted and its in the same SOC code then u have nothing to worry .

So i applied for same day service at Sheffield PEO. Our appointment was at 11 am . We registered as soon as we went in and the pleasant lady in the counter took the application , passport , checklist and supporting documents .
Documents i gave for myself and my UK born daughter :
1. Completed application form
2. Document Checklist
3. Passport size photos 2 each
4. Uk birth certificate of my daughter
5. A letter from my Hospital ( as to complicate matters further my Trust was taken over by another Trust - so the new body is my sponsor now )
6. 6 month bank statements ( This i felt was unnecessary - but as i couldnt think of any other supporting document i added this to make the application package a bit thicker :) lol )

We were called to give our Biometrics within 1/2 an hour . For babies they only take a photograph and no finger prints )They provide a grey sheet for the background which u can hold behind the baby.

After the biometrics its a longish sort of wait . We waited for about 1 1/2 hrs . Then the lady called our token number and gave us the good news and returned all our documents and the visa grant letter .
We were told the BRP card will come in 7-10 days.

So we did all this on the Monday and we received BRP card on Wednesday afternoon . Simply amazing service .

So my advice is keep it simple . Dont worry too much about documents . Give adequate pieces of documentation and remember too many documents is equal to too many questions .

All the very best to all who apply .
Cheers