ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration card

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Immigration card

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi All,

I was travelling back to the UK from Brussels via Eurostar recently and was about to pick up and complete an immigration card while passing UK passport control but the UK border officer advised that the card is not required and he can allow me in without immigration card and just checked my visa without getting the card.

I am a bit worried about this as they always ask for an immigration card when we pass the borders.

Can this cause any issues for me in future like when UKBA will access the electronic copies of immigration cards to calculate my absence time for ILR? Do I need to do something with this or its ok? Just a bit nervous. Thanks!

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Immigration card

Post by hassanh » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:03 am

Hi,
If the officer advised you that it is not required then most probably they have some other procedure is in place for entering check in data.

The most important thing for your record is the entry stamp in your passport. Was your passport stamped?

Thanks,
Hassan

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Immigration card

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my passport was stamped.

Just wanted to double check to make sure nothing is wrong here.