ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

text message from HMPO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arturpl

text message from HMPO

Post by arturpl » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:10 pm

Do you always have interview when applying for first passport? got text message saying as per below but never had interview invitation letter.

Her Majesty's Passport Office: Thanks for applying. Unless we contact you, we'll deliver your passport by 29-Dec or 5-Jan if it's your 1st passport.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: text message from HMPO

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:20 pm

For passports via JCAP there is no interview required.
I applied straight after approval, didn't get an SMS but attended interview, but still just 7 days.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

arturpl

Post by arturpl » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:26 pm

it was not JCAP. Ive applied through the Post Office myself. That's why a bit surprised (??)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:29 pm

I applied on-line maybe that made a difference - or it's just random.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

arturpl

Post by arturpl » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:40 pm

well, I have applied just after my ceremony and used Check & Send at my local Post Office. As far as I know unless you apply through JCAP scheme you dont need to have your interview. And text I received people receive after their interview. Had no interview and letter.....

arturpl

Post by arturpl » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:55 pm

anyone???..sorry...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:42 pm

arturpl wrote:well, I have applied just after my ceremony and used Check & Send at my local Post Office. As far as I know unless you apply through JCAP scheme you dont need to have your interview. And text I received people receive after their interview. Had no interview and letter.....
You may get a call asking you to attend an interview. Unless you apply through JCAP you should expect to be interviewed.

Only time will tell.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.