ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Info - can I give this from abroad?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Liz0303
Newly Registered

Biometric Info - can I give this from abroad?

Post by Liz0303 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:50 am

Hello, I am married to an EEA national and have had a permanent residence permit since July 2012 (I have been living in the UK since 2004). I am applying for naturalization through NCS on 13/12/2016 - I will be traveling abroad the 2nd of January for 3 months - if I do not get my biometric info request before I leave the country, can I request to give my info from abroad? I did speak to HO and they said you can but I worry this will reflect badly on my application? I was not planning on mentioning that I will be traveling abroad when submitting my application. Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric Info - can I give this from abroad?

Post by ohara » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:12 pm

If you are resident in the UK (and applying from the UK) it is highly unlikely that you will be able to do biometrics abroad.

yuliya_london
Newly Registered

Post by yuliya_london » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:24 pm

I have actually checked this specifically with the Home Office before and they said that it was not possible

Liz0303
Newly Registered

Post by Liz0303 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:27 pm

Ok thanks - once I get the letter requesting bio info I will have to travel back then, do the bio process and sent it back and then leave the country again - does it matter that I will not be in the UK for the first 3 months of my application then? Should I mention it in a covering letter or does it not matter seeing as I qualify on the previous 5 years (plus 1 year permanent residency) with no absences leading up to my application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Liz0303 wrote:Ok thanks - once I get the letter requesting bio info I will have to travel back then, do the bio process and sent it back and then leave the country again - does it matter that I will not be in the UK for the first 3 months of my application then? Should I mention it in a covering letter or does it not matter seeing as I qualify on the previous 5 years (plus 1 year permanent residency) with no absences leading up to my application?
There is nothing to 'send back' once you have enrolled biometrics. You do at the Post Office and it is uploaded electronically to HO. No issue being away. Hopefully HO don't write and ask for original passport, other documents etc (which can and does happen sometimes).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Liz0303
Newly Registered

Post by Liz0303 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Thanks CR001 - can you tell I'm a newbie re biometric info? :oops: So I found this post, does anyone know if regulations has changed re giving biometric info from abroad as it seems that it has been done in the past? I'm just trying to save myself the trip and costs associated with traveling back for bio purposes only but I do not want to jeopardise my chances or raise any concerns which can result in delays? And yes I'm hoping no further paperwork will be necessary ...
ujjawalb wrote:Just to give you an update:

I sent an email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

saying I am in Nepal and requested to provide Biometrics here and UKBA posted a letter to my Nepal address. I got the letter and I will now provide my biometric here.

Thank you,
U

KMP
Newly Registered

Post by KMP » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:54 am

Hi Liz,
Do you have a bit more information already? I am in exactly the same position as you. I've just had appointment with NCS and found out while there about the timeline of biometrics. I had no clue! I thought I had prepared it all so well... Is it allowed to apply in UK and give biometrics abroad?
Many thanks, K

KMP
Newly Registered

Post by KMP » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Just wanted to give you my timelines, all went super quick!
Nationality Checking Service: Dec 5th
Application received by Home Office: Dec 6th
Email with case ID from Home Office: Dec 9th
Money taken from my account: Dec 9th
Letter arrived at home address with barcode and request to give bio metrics: Dec 12th
Biometrics given at local Post Office: Dec 13th.
Good luck with yours!

Liz0303
Newly Registered

Post by Liz0303 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi K, your experience has made me very hopeful! I had my NCS on the 13th, I haven't had any further contact as of yet ... will try to track my application, did you get a tracking number from the registry office? So pleased for you, good luck with the application and fingers crossed I get my bio request before the new year!