ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of ILR From Pakistan Documents Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MACY
Pakistan

Spouse of ILR From Pakistan Documents Query

Post by MACY » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am ILR holder and i recently got married in Pakistan. I need to apply for my wife and i really need your guidance and advice if possible. My case details are following.

I am in Pakistan these days and we got married 2 weeks ago. I am director of a limited company and i do have a retails business in London. Please note that we got Nikkah (Religious Exchange of vows over video link Skype) a year and half ago. I was in London and she was in Pakistan. We have photos and videos of Nikkah ceremony. I came to Pak 3 weeks ago and we got married 2 weeks ago.
The proofs of relationship are:

Whatsapp Chat (thousands of pages)
Call Logs (on Random Dates)
Remittances i sent her in her bank account
Gifts purchased online
I paid her ielts fee through my debit card
Nikkah papers & official paper of English Translation issued by NADRA
My name as husband on her id card & Passport
My Address on her ID card as permanent residence
Marriage ceremony photos (hundreds of them & videos)
Family gathering photos after marriage

My Business & Finance docs:

My Business bank statement of 18 months (Inc last 28 days)
My Personal Bank statements of 18 months (INC last 28 days)
My hmrc accounts submitted last year ending
Un-audited accounts till October 2016 (older than last 28days)
Profit and loss accounts
My payslips of 18 months (inc last 28days)
Dividend vouchers signed and stamped (consistent with my bank statements)
Accountant's letter confirming my Dividends
I can provide my business premises lease on my name (Not sure if i should include it)
Business insurance premium document
My income is 37k to 40k consistent from many years taxes are paid, current tax date is due for 2017.

Supporting Documents:

Ielts certificate by my wife from British council (6.5 bands)
Tenancy agreement of studio flat starting from January 2016 (I don't have council report)

Please let me know if these documents are ok, and do i need to add anymore documents? How can i make my application priority? Is studio flat tenancy agreement good enough? Howmuch is the IHS fee? If someone can briefly tell me the procedure it will be a great help. Thanks and looking forward to your replies.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse of ILR From Pakistan Documents Query

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:15 pm

MACY wrote:Ielts certificate by my wife from British council (6.5 bands)
which type of ielts your wife passed? is that among the following list and centre if not then she has to pass another one:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:42 pm

seagul wrote:
MACY wrote:Ielts certificate by my wife from British council (6.5 bands)
which type of ielts your wife passed? is that among the following list and centre if not then she has to pass another one:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
Hi she passed it from British Council Multan Pakistan Academic one. I believe that all the british council centres are approved by them? Please correct if i am wrong.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:46 pm

no that's the mistake a lot people are doing that they think that academic ielts test has bigger level and it will meet requirement but HO is very strict and the only follow the attached list (test & centre).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:52 pm

seagul wrote:no that's the mistake a lot people are doing that they think that academic ielts test has bigger level and it will meet requirement but HO is very strict and the only follow the attached list (test & centre).

You almost killed me, I checked her center number and stamp which is in the list so she doesn't have to take ielts again :) . I hope 6.5 satisfies the HO.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:53 pm

MACY wrote:
seagul wrote:no that's the mistake a lot people are doing that they think that academic ielts test has bigger level and it will meet requirement but HO is very strict and the only follow the attached list (test & centre).

You almost killed me, I checked her center number and stamp which is in the list so she doesn't have to take ielts again :) . I hope 6.5 satisfies the HO.
not only the centre but also you need to check the type of test she need in that list. Even she has done bigger level of test of ielts but HO donot care as they follow only that list.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:58 pm

seagul wrote:
MACY wrote:

not only the centre but also you need to check the type of test she need in that list. Even she has done bigger level of test of ielts but HO donot care as they follow only that list.
This is what it says on the list:
IELTS (all facets)
Life Skills

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:07 pm

She needs A1 level in Ielts and if you check that list table 1 then only two tests fulfill that requirement:

Graded Examinations in Spoken English

IELTS Life Skills

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:15 pm

seagul wrote:She needs A1 level in Ielts and if you check that list table 1 then only two tests fulfill that requirement:

Graded Examinations in Spoken English

IELTS Life Skills
Does academic Ielts fulfill the criteria? or she needs to go through another ielts? it says in the list in test center row [IELTS (all facets)
Life Skills]

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:28 pm

I think [IELTS (all facets)
Life Skills] means that these are the tests available on such centre but depending on your type of visa you need to choose appropriate one. Better you wait until some Guru confirm it that you need to re-test again. But I think you need to retest.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Any Gurus help please. :((

sha373

Post by sha373 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:37 pm

your wife needs to do, ielts skill for life,, or if she has a professional degree in english

book test now, take it , results wud come in a week, i think....

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:16 pm

I think she doesn't need to do ielts again, As i found the following on the guidance on English Language document:

2.4. What is meant by “exceed the level”?
The minimum standard an applicant in the partner or parent routes must meet is level A1 of
CEFR in speaking and listening skills.
An applicant in the partner or parent routes does not need to demonstrate reading and writing
skills and may produce the required evidence of speaking and listening skills at level A1 of
CEFR even if they fail on reading and writing (where they take a test which examines all four
skills). The decision maker should ignore test scores in reading and writing in partner and
parent applications as those skills are not required to meet the Immigration Rules.
The list of approved tests and providers includes some tests above A1 level. This is because
the Home Office will also accept tests in speaking and listening, or speaking and listening with
additional skills such as reading or writing, taken at a higher level than A1 with an approved
test provider.
This is to give applicants as wide a choice as possible and to provide for those who have
already taken a test at a higher level with an approved test provider. It also allows for
applicants who wish to take a higher level test for work or study reasons.
The six levels of CEFR are:
A Basic Speaker
 A1
 A2
B Independent Speaker
 B1
 B2
C Proficient Speaker
 C1
 C2
An applicant who has level A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2 which tests speaking and listening (or
speaking and listening plus reading and/or writing) exceeds level A1.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

Her ielts score is above the A1 level as it includes Reading & Writing as well. Please correct me if i am wrong. thanks

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Moreover her CEFR Level is B2 which is mentioned on her ielts result.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:25 am

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:09 pm

I am able to book her LifeSkills for next week in AEO, Don't want to take the risk. Could you please let me know if rest of the documentation is ok? And do i need Property inspection report as well? I only have tenancy agreement for a studio flat starting from January 2017. Do i also need her police clearance certificate? Please guide thanks.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:09 pm

I am able to book her LifeSkills for next week in AEO, Don't want to take the risk. Could you please let me know if rest of the documentation is ok? And do i need Property inspection report as well? I only have tenancy agreement for a studio flat starting from January 2017. Do i also need her police clearance certificate? Please guide thanks.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Anyone please ?