ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Family Permit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

liveone
Newly Registered

EU Family Permit

Post by liveone » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:27 am

Please could you assist with the following problem that I have
I am a manager in a company and employed a Ukraine citizen married to a Polish worker had a valid EU Family permit
Checking through my records last week I discovered that her permit expired
I called her to my office and explained the permit had expired, she said she forgot (expired Oct 2007) I said that she must take unpaid leave until I get clarity on the situation.
Btw she said that she and her husband would be returning to Poland for her to obtain a Polish passport and then she would re enter the UK.
She is a good worker but I feel that she should sort this out and the advice I have so far is not to employ her which I have now done, my question really is (as I would like to keep the position open) would immigration not pick up that she has been in the UK as an overstayed or would she be in a position to take up work again