ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage fraud

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vani
Newly Registered

Marriage fraud

Post by vani » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:54 am

I am in a difficult situation and wonder if anyone can help. I have recently realised that my husband of three years has been using me for visa. I am UK national and I married abroad. He is on dependent visa. I have some correspondence that seem to suggest that he is having other relationships and is only interested in completing five years for ILR. His intention seems to bring this girl over once he gets ILR. His family is also in cahoots with him. They themselves want to move from native country and settle in the UK.

When I confronted him, He seems to be not bothered. He is also suggesting that he can use our two year old to stay in the country. He doesn't need me for that. I am deeply frustrated by this and want to know what my rights are in this scenario? Can someone please guide me?

vinny

Re: Marriage fraud

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:11 pm

vani wrote:He is also suggesting that he can use our two year old to stay in the country.
He may possibly apply under the parent route, if he separates from you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Really all you can do in this situation is report him to the authorities and let them take care of it.

https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:23 pm

In addition to the advice you have been given already, you, as the sponsor, are obligated to inform HO if the relationship breaks down, link below to the forms.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form

Also, his relatives and him, must be deluded as there is no way his parents will qualify to settle in the UK.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/home-of ... ndparents/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Really sorry to hear about this. Gather your evidence and report him. Don't worry about your child or his "right to stay", deal with your own self and get out of a messy situation if that is their true intent.