ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help!! No Eea resident card and expired passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Monali786
Newly Registered

Urgent help!! No Eea resident card and expired passport

Post by Monali786 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:37 pm

Hello

I'm a non eu pakistani spouse married to an eu national irish man.
I applied for my residence card on 27 june 2016 and it'll be 6 months on 27 December. I've been processed for biometrics but after that received no information regarding the matter. Meanwhile when I went for renewal of passport I came to know I had to modify my CNIC and had to make NICOP before I apply for my renewal of passport and in this time my passport expired.
According to the EU law I will not be considered illegal or overstayed after my EEA family permits expires but for the renewal of passport I need to show a valid visa/biometric resident card. My eea family permit expired in November. Now I hav an expired passport with no proof of residence apart from the fact that I still have the right to live in uk according to EU law but I don't know how to prove that to the embassy. I have the paper trail of the residence card and a valid nicop.

Help please.

noajthan

Re: Urgent help!! No Eea resident card and expired passport

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:00 pm

Do you have a COA?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Monali786
Newly Registered

Post by Monali786 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:32 pm

No sir I wasn't sent any kind of confirmation/acknowledgement/ COA by the home office. All I have is the receipt of post of royal mail of when I posted the application, a biometric confirmation letter after which my biometrics were processed. That's about it. A valid NICOP.

Monali786
Newly Registered

EEA2 passport expired

Post by Monali786 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Hi

I have an expired FP with expired passport and no resident card as I'm still waiting for a decision.
I need to renew my passport but my consulate needs a valid visa stamp/RC for the renewal. How can I prove my right of residence to be able to renew my passport? I only have a valid NICOP

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Posts merged.
No need for multiple posts.

noajthan

Re: EEA2 passport expired

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Monali786 wrote:Hi

I have an expired FP with expired passport and no resident card as I'm still waiting for a decision.
I need to renew my passport but my consulate needs a valid visa stamp/RC for the renewal. How can I prove my right of residence to be able to renew my passport? I only have a valid NICOP

Thanks
Well you cannot really if no COA and no RC.
If embassy makes no such provision for such cases then you will need to wait until your EU application progresses to conclusion and you (hopefully) receive a RC which will confirm your status.

Monali786
Newly Registered

Post by Monali786 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Mister how can I get a COA? Is there a way to request it? From what I read on the Internet is that the home office issues COA sheet 21 days of the biometric process. I was been processed in September! After that I have absolutely no updates from the home office. I'm expecting my first child by June next year I want to have a valid passport to avoid any troubles. I can't just wait around and do nothing.

mkhan2525
United Kingdom

Post by mkhan2525 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:43 pm

Apply to renew your passport online. You only require a photocopy of the expired Passport so no need to go to the embassy. They will post it to you at your address in the UK.

You may also apply for an new NICOP if you need one.

https://onlinemrp.dgip.gov.pk/

http://id.nadra.gov.pk/

Monali786
Newly Registered

Post by Monali786 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:04 am

Hello
Ok as it turns out my consulate will accept my biometric appointment letter as a proof. I'll be going to apply for renewal next week. Thank you all for your replies