ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employer - FLR M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Smad890

Spouse Visa Cateogory A or B?

Post by Smad890 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:39 pm

Hi,
I am applying for spouse visa next week.
I have income from two sources.
I work in Council through agency and they pay me an hourly rate and as per no of hours i work in a week. So my weekly pay is different every week. I have been working from April16 here.
My contract here is temporary ongoing.

My second job is with a TV Channel where i work as Marketing person and do their promotions part time which is permanent. They pay me monthly as per the days i work and my monthly salary from this job is also variable as i get paid for the days i work.

My total income from both employment in the last 6 months is
More than 9.5k.

Which category i should apply?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Spouse Visa Cateogory A or B?

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:05 pm

This appears to be a CATA variable income case, or at least the first Job is CaT A variable. The TV station will be CaT A Salaried.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Smad890

Post by Smad890 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:27 pm

Obie wrote:This appears to be a CAT B case, or at least the first Job is CaT B.
Can i not apply in Cat A non salaried?
What documents will be required for Cat B?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:17 pm

I think if you are working 6+ months with your current employers for both jobs and your monthly wages varies then you should fall under category A non salaried.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Smad890

Post by Smad890 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:50 am

Well thats what i was thinking as i have been with both employers from May16 which is more than 6 months now.
The differences in both job are that one is paid weekly and as per number of hours i work and its on temporary ongoing contract while the second is paid monthly as per the days i work and its permanent.

The income from both weekly and monthly job is variable during the 6months period.

I took a week off in first job(weekly paid) during the 6 month and didnt get pay for that week. Except that week i was paid every week as per number of hours i have worked.

Can anyone please help? Should i apply under Cat A or B?

Smad890

Post by Smad890 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Anyone knows the answer to the above?

All help will be much appreciated.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:23 pm

Only if the variable income in the 6 months preceding the application is less than 18600, would it be necessary to rely on Cat B , 12months income. So far it seems case falls under cat A , non salaried variable income.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Smad890

Change of Employer - FLR M

Post by Smad890 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:42 am

Hi,

I am applying for spouse visa in first week of January but my wife is changing her full time job during that week. We are relying on her previous two jobs (1 full and 1 part time) both non salaried as paid hourly rates. We are applying under Cat A non salaried as she has worked 8 months till the end of Dec16 for the same employer.
Does her new job effects our application?
Shall we inform HO that she has left the job and starting new in few days after application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of Employer - FLR M

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:17 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.