ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Via Spoue Three Year Route Vs 5 Year Independent Route.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tatetate

BC Via Spoue Three Year Route Vs 5 Year Independent Route.

Post by tatetate » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 am

Hi
Apologies if this has been asked before.

Any advantage of applying BC Via Spouse Route Vs Applying on 5 Year Residence Route?

Thanks

mkh05r

Re: BC Via Spoue Three Year Route Vs 5 Year Independent Rout

Post by mkh05r » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:01 am

you get passport two year early if that helps :D

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:23 am

mkh05r wrote:you get passport two year early if that helps :D
Where do you get that from :?: :!:

If you have a British spouse there is no requirement to wait 12 months after being granted ILR/PR.

However as ILR or PR are mandatory before applying for BC, this requires a 5 year residency period.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:30 am

tatetate wrote:Hi

Any advantage of applying BC Via Spouse Route Vs Applying on 5 Year Residence Route?

Thanks
There is no '3 year route' to anything, that has been consigned to the dustbin of history.

It takes 5 years in UK whether taking 6(1) or 6(2) BNA option.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:37 am

Complete misunderstanding - absolute poppycock.

tatetate

Post by tatetate » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:38 am

Lets put it This way,

Well in my case Me & My Spouse are qualifying for 5 Years already. I had 90 Days abroad in last 12 months so i have to wait next few weeks in order to apply. I have applied for my spouse already.

Should i wait for spouse application to approve and apply as a spouse of British citizen or apply as soon when my 90 days is no longer issue,

is there any benefit of applying via spouse route?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:43 am

If you have been free from immigration time restrictions for 12 months it makes no difference; neither in cost nor processing time.
Evidence required of residence and absences covers 3 years under section 6(2) but, depending how the cookie crumbles, the figures may come out better if spread over 5 years and a section 6(1) play.

And if spouse happens to be refused, well you may yet achieve your goal independently if you apply in your own right.

mkh05r

Post by mkh05r » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:17 pm

May be the context is different but this was my (and my wifes) case and the reason for that response:
I got ILR in 2015 (5 yr T2) and BC in 2016
My wife came in 2012 to join me in UK got ILR with me in 2015, and could apply for BC immediately after my BC. She did not need to wait for 5 year residency for BC application. So effectively BC dependent route is quicker!
Casa wrote:
Where do you get that from :?: :!:

If you have a British spouse there is no requirement to wait 12 months after being granted ILR/PR.

However as ILR or PR are mandatory before applying for BC, this requires a 5 year residency period.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:34 pm

My wife took a 3-year route too - back in the day. Entry pre-2012.
But it takes 5 years to get ILR now (or to acquire PR) so the 3 years residence for a spouse is subsumed into the 5 years it takes for settlement.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:08 pm

In the words of Bob Dylan "Times they are a'changing" and never more so than within the UK Immigration Rules & Nationality Act. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:47 pm

tatetate wrote:Hi

Thanks

there is no advantage on settlement but on citizenship I think there is concession if partner already BC. like immediately can apply BC without waiting 12 months and if in early years (first two) if they have absence that will not be issue as the residency requirement will be checked for 3 years.

"To satisfy the residence requirement you should not have been absent for more than
90 days in the last 12 months. And the total number of days absence for the whole 5
year period should not exceed 450. If you are married to, or in a civil partnership with
a British citizen, the total number of days absence for the whole 3 year period should
not exceed 270."

tatetate

Post by tatetate » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:04 am

Many Thanks Everyone!

so from what i have read here from your kind replies, it simply makes no difference to apply as spouse of BC as long i am meeting all the requirements.

I had 95 Days out of UK in last 12 Months, Which NCS says could be disregarded as they are less thn 100.

Perhaps time to book an appointment with NCS.

Is JCAP worth the extra money?

I had a Parking Fine in 2010 FPN/PCN not sure but i dont remember the dates at all. Should i mention it? it was paid instantly. wanted to challenge that but friends advised to let go.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:01 am

tatetate wrote:Is JCAP worth the extra money?
What extra money???? Whether you apply using JCAP or apply for BC and then passport on your own, you pay the same for the two separate applications.

It is only NCS fee that is extra, but this is payable whether you applying for JCAP or BC on its own.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tatetate

Post by tatetate » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:49 am

Many thanks CR001

Should Parking FPN/PCN From 2010 be declared? I have had only one parking ticket but have no clue when exactly was it.

Thanks