ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant EEA national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

buktais

Dependant EEA national

Post by buktais » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:58 pm

Hello everybody.

I seek your advice on behalf of my friend who is Lithuanian national and holder of PR certificate since 1 year ago.

My friend's pensioner mother, after her husband passed away relocated to the UK and joined her daughter (my friend) in her household. This was 5years ago. Since then the mother has applied and is receiving pension credits. After a while my friend have birth to a son and their household became overclouded. The mother has been given accommodation by the council and lives nearby. The transfers all her pension credits to my friends bank account, and my friend buys groceries etc, she visits her every day, helps her around the house etc.

Now they are concerned if the elderly lady has any rights of residence in the UK after brexit. Can they apply for PR for the mother? Will she be able to maintain her pension credits? Thanks for any advice

noajthan

Re: Dependant EEA national

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:25 pm

buktais wrote:Hello everybody.

I seek your advice on behalf of my friend who is Lithuanian national and holder of PR certificate since 1 year ago.

My friend's pensioner mother, after her husband passed away relocated to the UK and joined her daughter (my friend) in her household. This was 5years ago. Since then the mother has applied and is receiving pension credits. After a while my friend have birth to a son and their household became overclouded. The mother has been given accommodation by the council and lives nearby. The transfers all her pension credits to my friends bank account, and my friend buys groceries etc, she visits her every day, helps her around the house etc.

Now they are concerned if the elderly lady has any rights of residence in the UK after brexit. Can they apply for PR for the mother? Will she be able to maintain her pension credits? Thanks for any advice
Suggest all these friends register and ask own questions for simplicity and clarity.

if friend reads PR guidance she will understand that if applicant can prove she has acquired PR under auspices of friend's continued sponsorship for 5 years then she may apply to confirm it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

buktais

Post by buktais » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:57 am

All of my friends are in a bit of denial still with regards to brexit and what it may bring with it :) many of them still dismiss the idea of having to obtain any kind of document confirming their status. Many take their rights for granted. Some need a bit of kick in the ... and digested info to go ahead...

To my understanding, since her mother did not live with her for 5 years, only for 2 first years, since my friend did not support her financially, there is no evidence she was sending her money. quite the opposite, her mother was transferring her pension credits into my friend's account, since my friend was simply helping her with home chores, shopping etc, there is not enough evidence to show dependence. But I was hopping I might be wrong therefore wanted to double check.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:00 am

buktais wrote:All of my friends are in a bit of denial still with regards to brexit and what it may bring with it :) many of them still dismiss the idea of having to obtain any kind of document confirming their status. Many take their rights for granted. Some need a bit of kick in the ... and digested info to go ahead...

To my understanding, since her mother did not live with her for 5 years, only for 2 first years, since my friend did not support her financially, there is no evidence she was sending her money. quite the opposite, her mother was transferring her pension credits into my friend's account, since my friend was simply helping her with home chores, shopping etc, there is not enough evidence to show dependence. But I was hopping I might be wrong therefore wanted to double check.
In that case mom appears to have no basis on which to reside in UK.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.