ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noajthan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:40 pm

imi99999 wrote:Hi All
Please advise
Applied for Joint naturalisation and Passport via NCS Wandsworth on Monday 12th Dec ie. Day before yesterday and today my Debit card is stolen and I had to cancel my debit card with the bank.
Not sure what to do. Is there any number I can call UKVI and give them other card details and what would happen about passport fees
Contact NCS in first place as you applied through them.

And HO will write if they attempt and fail to receive payment.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:40 am

noajthan wrote:
imi99999 wrote:Hi All
Please advise
Applied for Joint naturalisation and Passport via NCS Wandsworth on Monday 12th Dec ie. Day before yesterday and today my Debit card is stolen and I had to cancel my debit card with the bank.
Not sure what to do. Is there any number I can call UKVI and give them other card details and what would happen about passport fees
Contact NCS in first place as you applied through them.

And HO will write if they attempt and fail to receive payment.
Thanks Noathan,

I have spoken to NCS and they said the same and called UKVi and was advised to wait for new payment slip. Now I have applied with my 2 daughters on MN1. Who paid their fees with their dad's debit card details which should go as normal.

Q1. Will UKVi send me acknowledgement and biometric along side new payslip and my daughters acknowledgement? Or would they keep my application until my payment is clear and then send me biometric invitation?

Q2. How my passport application will be dealt after payment denied, will they send me new payslip or will they send back my application.

scorpion90

Post by scorpion90 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:41 am

Hi guys i applied for bc.. they asked me to send my most recent self employed assessment . i sent my last tax return instead as i didnt know till yesterday.. i received my most recent self employed assessment yesterday then i realised i sent the wrong one...so do u thing i should sent this one received as additional document or tax return is also fine?

december00
Newly Registered

Post by december00 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:05 pm

my husband applied for bc last year in october.he finally got his approval today after almost 15 months which was very stressful esp when everyone around was getting their approvals.so those who are waiting for over 6 months.i would suggest that contact your MP because this is what have worked for us.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:42 am

december00 wrote:my husband applied for bc last year in october.he finally got his approval today after almost 15 months which was very stressful esp when everyone around was getting their approvals.so those who are waiting for over 6 months.i would suggest that contact your MP because this is what have worked for us.
That's great news - congratulations!

I've been waiting since August 2015. How long did it take to get reply from your MP. My MP has written to HO but I still haven't heard back.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:59 am

imi99999 wrote:...

Q1. Will UKVi send me acknowledgement and biometric along side new payslip and my daughters acknowledgement? Or would they keep my application until my payment is clear and then send me biometric invitation?

Q2. How my passport application will be dealt after payment denied, will they send me new payslip or will they send back my application.
I don't know what the expected sequence of events will be in cases when there's been a payment failure.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:51 am

scorpion90 wrote:Hi guys i applied for bc.. they asked me to send my most recent self employed assessment . i sent my last tax return instead as i didnt know till yesterday.. i received my most recent self employed assessment yesterday then i realised i sent the wrong one...so do u thing i should sent this one received as additional document or tax return is also fine?
How long ago did you send it?
I think it would be best to send this as well, now that you have received it and it is what they did ask for too.
Together with a letter to explain the fact that you send the tax return and now sending the doc they asked as you only received it recently.
This is my idea though and I'm no expert!!

december00
Newly Registered

Post by december00 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:27 pm

malik15 wrote:
december00 wrote:my husband applied for bc last year in october.he finally got his approval today after almost 15 months which was very stressful esp when everyone around was getting their approvals.so those who are waiting for over 6 months.i would suggest that contact your MP because this is what has worked for us.

I've been waiting since August 2015. How long did it take to get reply from your MP. My MP has written to HO but I still haven't heard back.

MP hasnt replied us about the decision yet (althought he did acknowledge our email)we got the approval letter yesterday within two weeks of contacting MP from HO.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:58 pm

december00 wrote:
malik15 wrote:
december00 wrote:my husband applied for bc last year in october.he finally got his approval today after almost 15 months which was very stressful esp when everyone around was getting their approvals.so those who are waiting for over 6 months.i would suggest that contact your MP because this is what has worked for us.

MP hasnt replied us about the decision yet (althought he did acknowledge our email)we got the approval letter yesterday within two weeks of contacting MP from HO.
My MP wrote to HO 3 weeks ago I contacted his office last week he's not received any reply yet. I contacted HO as well last week but they have not replied to me either.

I'm surprised that HO office didn't reply to MP in 3 weeks. I guess I can't do anything but keep waiting:(

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:34 pm

All, I know it's a waiting game with loads of patience needed but just wondering that how do we get the approval acknowledgement: letter or email from HO or from NCS or both?

What happens if a letter is lost in post esp. given this busy period? How do we ensure we don't miss or waste time instead of checking via another route if approval given or any other info. requested by HO? I really would prefer if they emailed rather than just a letter! The application received acknowledgement was just a letter whereas some people say they get an email too.

I applied via JCAP/NCS on 15 Oct and gave my biometrics on 28 Oct. Few people who applied just few days before me but gave biometrics after me have already got their approvals which is a tad annoying haha! :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:45 pm

cyborg001 wrote:All, I know it's a waiting game with loads of patience needed but just wondering that how do we get the approval acknowledgement: letter or email from HO or from NCS or both?

What happens if a letter is lost in post esp. given this busy period? How do we ensure we don't miss or waste time instead of checking via another route if approval given or any other info. requested by HO? I really would prefer if they emailed rather than just a letter! The application received acknowledgement was just a letter whereas some people say they get an email too.

I applied via JCAP/NCS on 15 Oct and gave my biometrics on 28 Oct. Few people who applied just few days before me but gave biometrics after me have already got their approvals which is a tad annoying haha! :?
Approval letter comes by post, standard 2nd class, brown A5 envelope.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
cyborg001 wrote:All, I know it's a waiting game with loads of patience needed but just wondering that how do we get the approval acknowledgement: letter or email from HO or from NCS or both?

Sheesh, talk about being stingy! Can't even "splurge" out on 1st class for all that cash they take haha :wink:

OK, so my main question/worry is what happens if say this letter somehow gets lost in post (its happened to my few times)? Do we keep waiting and months/years pass or somehow they contact you again to inform?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:49 pm

cyborg001 wrote:OK, so my main question/worry is what happens if say this letter somehow gets lost in post (its happened to my few times)? Do we keep waiting and months/years pass or somehow they contact you again to inform?
Your backstop may be the council - I contacted mine immediately I had received my approval letter (August app) and they had already sent their own invitation letter. Maybe an email or call to them might yield some information, just to understand their process.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:50 pm

cyborg001 wrote:Sheesh, talk about being stingy! Can't even "splurge" out on 1st class for all that cash they take haha :wink:

OK, so my main question/worry is what happens if say this letter somehow gets lost in post (its happened to my few times)? Do we keep waiting and months/years pass or somehow they contact you again to inform?
If you think you have missed a letter (highly unlikely), then you could always contact the council to see if they have anything for you yet but they might ask for the reference number on the approval letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
cyborg001 wrote:Sheesh, talk about being stingy! Can't even "splurge" out on 1st class for all that cash they take haha :wink:

If you think you have missed a letter (highly unlikely), then you could always contact the council to see if they have anything for you yet but they might ask for the reference number on the approval letter.
Ah, right so I didn't know this. Does council also get some sort of notification for approval at same time? Would it be the same reference number in acknowledgement and biometrics letter or a new one?

I have had letters that have sometimes not arrived or been delivered to a neighbour who may or may not be nice enough to bother to forward. Plus cheapo 2nd class on top of that...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:56 pm

cyborg001 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Ah, right so I didn't know this. Does council also get some sort of notification for approval at same time? Would it be the same reference number in acknowledgement and biometrics letter or a new one?

I have had letters that have sometimes not arrived or been delivered to a neighbour who may or may not be nice enough to bother to forward. Plus cheapo 2nd class on top of that...
Well yes, the council will be informed as they will get your certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:18 pm

cyborg001 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

When I applied via NCS the council advised that they will contact applicants as soon as they have confirmation - maybe check with the council responsible for your ceremony (may be different if you didn't use your local council's NCS) if they do the same to put your mind at rest.
Sheesh, talk about being stingy! Can't even "splurge" out on 1st class for all that cash they take haha :wink:

scorpion90

Post by scorpion90 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:21 am

sud315 wrote:
scorpion90 wrote:Hi guys i applied for bc.. they asked me to send my most recent self employed assessment . i sent my last tax return instead as i didnt know till yesterday.. i received my most recent self employed assessment yesterday then i realised i sent the wrong one...so do u thing i should sent this one received as additional document or tax return is also fine?
How long ago did you send it?
I think it would be best to send this as well, now that you have received it and it is what they did ask for too.
Together with a letter to explain the fact that you send the tax return and now sending the doc they asked as you only received it recently.
This is my idea though and I'm no expert!!
i have applied just over 2 months ago.. i think i will do that send it as additional doc. thanks for help

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:28 am

With regards to the question what happens if the letter gets lost in the post it's been said here that one is supposed to call the council as they have confirmation of approval. Be aware that this is not the case for every council. This is only the case for councils who get in touch with YOU about the ceremony. In my sister's case the approval letter stated to get in touch with the council to arrange the ceremony. There would be no separate letter! This means that - if my own approval letter has indeed got lost - I have no way of finding out. Apart from waiting 6 months and/or losing my money for failing to arrange a ceremony. I thought I'd let you know about this difference in council procedures.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 pm

There is someone stated that u can use the reference number in biometric inrolmeing letter to find out in cauncel
In my situation I gave up Nd Bcos so many ppl applied after me Nd get the approval.
I advice u to ring the council Nd find out .

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

As I stated some councils have no involvement in this procedure. No point in calling the council.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:24 pm

MrsGreenside wrote:With regards to the question what happens if the letter gets lost in the post it's been said here that one is supposed to call the council as they have confirmation of approval. Be aware that this is not the case for every council. This is only the case for councils who get in touch with YOU about the ceremony. In my sister's case the approval letter stated to get in touch with the council to arrange the ceremony. There would be no separate letter! This means that - if my own approval letter has indeed got lost - I have no way of finding out. Apart from waiting 6 months and/or losing my money for failing to arrange a ceremony. I thought I'd let you know about this difference in council procedures.
WTF! This is ridiculous and such a BS procedure that one's application lapses due to a lost 2nd class letter!

How is it so hard for them to send a simple email in addition to inform?!

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:01 pm

I know right! I would appreciate an email AND a letter, especially because of this time of year and possible strike action. Even better still an insight into the application process, i.e. an online account where you can check where it stands. With today's technology this could even be an option!

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:48 pm

MrsGreenside wrote:I know right! I would appreciate an email AND a letter, especially because of this time of year and possible strike action. Even better still an insight into the application process, i.e. an online account where you can check where it stands. With today's technology this could even be an option!
Posties/Royal Mail don't strike - it's only the Post Office so, apart from delays due to higher volumes of mail at this time of year everything should be processed as normal.

I know what you mean about the lost letters though, it would be nice to be able to track the application or receive email confirmation.
I had to apply for Security Clearance before and the MoD manage so to provide status tracking!

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:34 am

Yesterday the telegraph said some RM delivery staff would be taking unsolicited action, too. Let's see what comes off it.