ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR-Card Application - Be a Descendant and Dependent

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WhoKnows

PR-Card Application - Be a Descendant and Dependent

Post by WhoKnows » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello

There are a few question I have about the application for a permanent residence card.

I need to know, if I want to be a descendant under 21 however moved out from my parents home 3-months prior to turning 21 do the last 3 months still count due to address change?

Another question is about being a descendant under 21 for one period of the five continuous 5-years is also possible to be financial dependent on the same PR-Card application for a separate timeframe of the continuous 5 years?

Also can I put myself as financially dependent before turning 21 of age?

Thanks for any advice and help.

noajthan

Re: PR-Card Application - Be a Descendant and Dependent

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:38 pm

WhoKnows wrote:Hello

There are a few question I have about the application for a permanent residence card.

I need to know, if I want to be a descendant under 21 however moved out from my parents home 3-months prior to turning 21 do the last 3 months still count due to address change?

Another question is about being a descendant under 21 for one period of the five continuous 5-years is also possible to be financial dependent on the same PR-Card application for a separate timeframe of the continuous 5 years?

Also can I put myself as financially dependent before turning 21 of age?

Thanks for any advice and help.
Cohabitation is not necessary.

What do you mean? Two separate 5 years periods?
Once you have acquired PR (after 5 years) there is no need for treaty rights anymore due to the settled status.

You can be financially dependent on a sponsor if you have such a sponsor who is settled or a qualified person and have the evidence to back your case (including evidence of identities, relationship and dependency).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:53 pm

noajthan wrote:
WhoKnows wrote:
Cohabitation is not necessary.

What do you mean? Two separate 5 years periods?
Once you have acquired PR (after 5 years) there is no need for treaty rights anymore due to the settled status.

You can be financially dependent on a sponsor if you have such a sponsor who is settled or a qualified person and have the evidence to back your case (including evidence of identities, relationship and dependency).

Hi Noajthan

If Cohabitation is not necessary then evidence such as birth certificate is enough and is any explanation required as to why I have suddenly moved out?

With the 5-year of continuous residence I ment to ask if it's ok to be a descendant for 1 years and then be a dependent for another year?

Thank you so much for such quick response.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:38 pm

WhoKnows wrote:Hi Noajthan

If Cohabitation is not necessary then evidence such as birth certificate is enough and is any explanation required as to why I have suddenly moved out?

With the 5-year of continuous residence I ment to ask if it's ok to be a descendant for 1 years and then be a dependent for another year?

Thank you so much for such quick response.
The primary dependency for a direct family member, once aged over 21, is financial (for essential needs) so it doesn't matter where you live.
And if you are/were a student its quite usual, in UK culture, for young adults to live away from home.
You can explain in a cogent cover letter if you wish but it shouldn't be necessary.
What is necessary, once you hit age 21 (not necessary before) is rock-solid evidence of the dependency.

See more here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... als-v4.pdf

Yes, you can be an under 21 year old descendant/dependent of sponsor (no evidence of dependency required);
then (at over age 21) to become a dependent who is financially dependent on sponsor.

Remember: you may have been financially dependent on sponsor whilst under 21 but there is no need to show or to prove that.

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:25 am

Thank you for your help.

Also If I was to use study as a reason for financial
dependency however didn't have CSI at that time would it be better to not mention it or would proof of CSI not be required?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:45 am

WhoKnows wrote:Thank you for your help.

Also If I was to use study as a reason for financial
dependency however didn't have CSI at that time would it be better to not mention it or would proof of CSI not be required?
If you are a dependent your activity is immaterial so CSI not required.
That is the point of having a sponsor.

You should still complete form which asks about your timelnes/activities.
Don't hide information or material facts.

Caseworker will assess and weigh up your case based on info and evidence, that's what you pay £65 for.

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Thank you very much for your response.

I had a look into both forms, EEA4 and the current PR-Card application, and I'm not sure which one to use EEA4 form seems so much easier though.

However more confusing is whether I can have two sponsors and also if I can only be financially dependent on my parents, as I was going to put my older brother down as my sponsor for this part is this possible? Do I full in section 13 instead which however is for extended family member?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:29 pm

WhoKnows wrote:Thank you very much for your response.

I had a look into both forms, EEA4 and the current PR-Card application, and I'm not sure which one to use EEA4 form seems so much easier though.

However more confusing is whether I can have two sponsors and also if I can only be financially dependent on my parents, as I was going to put my older brother down as my sponsor for this part is this possible? Do I full in section 13 instead which however is for extended family member?
One sponsor at a time.

If sponsored by brother yes, you are (potentially) his EFM. You need to prove ids, relationship, dependency etc etc.

However you cannot count time sponsored as an EFM towards acquisition of PR if you do not hold a valid EFM RC naming such brother as your sponsor.
Do you currently have an EFM RC?

Whichever form you use, or none, if you apply by letter, you will still need to submit adequate documentary supporting evidence.
Rock-solid (if not unimpeachable) evidence.

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:18 pm

noajthan wrote:
WhoKnows wrote:
One sponsor at a time.

If sponsored by brother yes, you are (potentially) his EFM. You need to prove ids, relationship, dependency etc etc.

However you cannot count time sponsored as an EFM towards acquisition of PR if you do not hold a valid EFM RC naming such brother as your sponsor.
Do you currently have an EFM RC?

Whichever form you use, or none, if you apply by letter, you will still need to submit adequate documentary supporting evidence.
Rock-solid (if not unimpeachable) evidence.

Thank you once again.

No I don't have a RC.
My family and I are German nationals so I never really required such document for myself.

Regarding being a dependent I need this period to account to the 5 years and as it seems like I cannot use my brother as a sponsor I could have problems completing the 5 years.

I can't use my father I believe as at that time he was in receipt of benefits.