ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony , Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran1u

Ceremony , Passport

Post by imran1u » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:25 am

Morning All

i have attended my ceremony on 12/DEC/16.

When i applied as Joint application i had to book appointment in Bedworth council because they do NCS services.
I attended my ceremony in my local council they don't do NCS services.
Now how it work , is my local council will inform HMPO or home office that i have attended the ceremony .

Could any one please advice how it works.

Kind Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Ceremony , Passport

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:26 am

Your local Council will inform the HMPO that you have attended the ceremony there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:28 am

Casa wrote:Your local Council will inform the HMPO that you have attended the ceremony there.
Will Home Office will notify HMPO as well.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:19 pm

I don't know the internal procedures between the HO & HMPO departments. Why is this relevant :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Casa wrote:I don't know the internal procedures between the HO & HMPO departments. Why is this relevant :?:
The reason i was asking because i attended ceremony in my local council which don't offer NCS services. For NCS service i used different council.

Thats why i was confused how it works.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:35 pm

imran1u wrote:
Casa wrote:I don't know the internal procedures between the HO & HMPO departments. Why is this relevant :?:
The reason i was asking because i attended ceremony in my local council which don't offer NCS services. For NCS service i used different council.

As soon as you attended ceremony and recieved Naturalisation certificate, HMPO will be notified either by any council. Please call HMPO and ask them about your passport status.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:14 am

pentaya wrote:
imran1u wrote:

As soon as you attended ceremony and recieved Naturalisation certificate, HMPO will be notified either by any council. Please call HMPO and ask them about your passport status.
I called the HMPO about the passport status , been told that home office is not been notified that applicant has been naturalized .

" i have attended my citizenship ceremony on 12/09/16 , and it was joint application when i applied "

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Your local council where you attended the ceremony will inform Home office that you have attended ceremony. Council wont send any information to HMPO directly. Home office will then give a go-ahead to HMPO to print your passport. So start from your local council and confirm if they have sent the information to home office. and then go to home office support, citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and check if home office have sent the information to HMPO. If that's also been done, HMPO is responsible, chase them finally. Hope you understand the cycle.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Alfred Boyle wrote:Your local council where you attended the ceremony will inform Home office that you have attended ceremony. Council wont send any information to HMPO directly. Home office will then give a go-ahead to HMPO to print your passport. So start from your local council and confirm if they have sent the information to home office. and then go to home office support, citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and check if home office have sent the information to HMPO. If that's also been done, HMPO is responsible, chase them finally. Hope you understand the cycle.
I am waiting a call from my council , i did ring this morning .
Yes i understand what are you saying.Thanks

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:57 pm

imran1u wrote:
Alfred Boyle wrote:Your local council where you attended the ceremony will inform Home office that you have attended ceremony. Council wont send any information to HMPO directly. Home office will then give a go-ahead to HMPO to print your passport. So start from your local council and confirm if they have sent the information to home office. and then go to home office support, citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and check if home office have sent the information to HMPO. If that's also been done, HMPO is responsible, chase them finally. Hope you understand the cycle.
I am waiting a call from my council , i did ring this morning .
Yes i understand what are you saying.Thanks
Got a call from my local council saying that they have already informed the home office that i have attended the ceremony.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:20 am

Got a call from my local council saying that they have already informed the home office that i have attended the ceremony.[/quote]

You should recieve latest before Wednesday. However, Feel free to ring HMPO once again end of the day on Monday :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:27 am

pentaya wrote:Got a call from my local council saying that they have already informed the home office that i have attended the ceremony.
You should recieve latest before Wednesday. However, Feel free to ring HMPO once again end of the day on Monday :)[/quote]

Factor in delays in the Christmas post. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Casa wrote:
pentaya wrote:Got a call from my local council saying that they have already informed the home office that i have attended the ceremony.
You should recieve latest before Wednesday. However, Feel free to ring HMPO once again end of the day on Monday :)
Factor in delays in the Christmas post. :idea:[/quote]
That's what I am thinking wait till Monday .then probably call them Tuesday. Will update here .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:58 pm

You only attended your ceremony 6 days ago! What's the urgency?
(Casa, not CR001)

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Casa wrote:You only attended your ceremony 6 days ago! What's the urgency?
No urgency , was inquiring all this . Some people got in first 4 days after attending their ceremony . Some has to wait long .

botalian

Post by botalian » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:56 am

Dear All,

Need help I attended my ceremony on 13th Dec and my application was Joint but I have not received my passport yet. Called HMPO this morning and they advised that they have not heard from Home office.

I called council also to find out if they have notified Home office about my attendance and they confirmed that they have..

Can any one please advice what should be next step ?

Regards

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:39 pm

botalian wrote:Dear All,

Need help I attended my ceremony on 13th Dec and my application was Joint but I have not received my passport yet. Called HMPO this morning and they advised that they have not heard from Home office.

I called council also to find out if they have notified Home office about my attendance and they confirmed that they have..

Can any one please advice what should be next step ?

Regards
I am in the same situation as well ,spoke to them this morning ,been told the same .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:43 pm

The key word is patience. You're waiting for a resolution at traditionally the slowest couple of weeks in the year. #Christmas :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:23 am

"Passport Received "
I thank all members for their help and advice .

Kind Regards