ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling without my BRP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adrianben
Newly Registered

Travelling without my BRP

Post by adrianben » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi All,

I recently had my EEA Residence card approved, but have not received my residence card (it's been 8 days). As its only a few days to Xmas, I wanted to travel to spend it with my Wife's family in Ireland and then to Barcelona for 3 days to catch up with some friends.

I'll be with my Wife, an Irish Citizen, and I'm an Australian Citizen (Visa free to the UK). We both have been living together in the UK a while (I was on a Tier 5 Youth Visa before)

What I want to know is:
1. Can I still travel without my BRP? I know this will most likely cause some issues at the border, but will I be let back in? Is there anything I can say or do to make the process easier?
2. Should I take any evidence with me? Marriage certificate? Letter? Rental Agreement?
3. Is there anyway to get a tracking number or delivery time for my residence card?

Cheers,
Adrian

noajthan

Re: Travelling without my BRP

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:39 pm

adrianben wrote:Hi All,

I recently had my EEA Residence card approved, but have not received my residence card (it's been 8 days). As its only a few days to Xmas, I wanted to travel to spend it with my Wife's family in Ireland and then to Barcelona for 3 days to catch up with some friends.

I'll be with my Wife, an Irish Citizen, and I'm an Australian Citizen (Visa free to the UK). We both have been living together in the UK a while (I was on a Tier 5 Youth Visa before)

What I want to know is:
1. Can I still travel without my BRP? I know this will most likely cause some issues at the border, but will I be let back in? Is there anything I can say or do to make the process easier?
2. Should I take any evidence with me? Marriage certificate? Letter? Rental Agreement?
3. Is there anyway to get a tracking number or delivery time for my residence card?

Cheers,
Adrian
1) Probably.
Yes, after slight delay and questioning from border guard.

2) Directive 2004/38/EC;
UK BF Operations Manual (google);
Id;
Marriage certificate;
Evidence sponsor is a qualified or settled person in UK.
Proof of residence;

3) No
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.