ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for family of cancer patient, pls advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dali83

Visa for family of cancer patient, pls advice

Post by Dali83 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi all,

One of my friends who is British have just found out that he is suffering from cancer (it may be brain cancer). He has his wife and 2 young children under 4 abroad. He is going to apply for his children British passport this week.

As he has no one in the UK that from his family, I have advised him to try and at least bring his wife and children to stay with him while he undergo the treatment. He has an appointment next week with the neurologist for consultancy.

My question:

1- How can he apply for his wife's visa and under what category?
2- Will he be under the normal immigration rules?
3- I know that applying for British passport from abroad may take up to 6 months, due to his circumstances can this be more quicker?

The sad thing is that he just got married in 2012 and was looking forward to building his newly married life.

Any advice will be much appreciate it.

Kind regards

noajthan

Re: Visa for family of cancer patient, pls advice

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Most unfortunate.

1) Options are visit visa (possible for a medical support-related visit) or spouse visa.

2) Yes

3) Normal processing likely
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Dali83

Post by Dali83 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:17 pm

[quote="noajthan"]Most unfortunate.

1) Options are visit visa (possible for a medical support-related visit) or spouse visa.

2) Yes

3) Normal processing likely[/quote]

Thank you very much for your reply noajthan.

I met him last night and he is very distraught and down with this news. Also I want to be optimistic about it but if it is confirmed 100% that it is Tumor in the brain than we are talking about maybe a matter of months or few years maybe. I read the letter he received and it looks very serious.

Can this not be regarded as compassionate ground?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Dali83 wrote:Thank you very much for your reply noajthan.

I met him last night and he is very distraught and down with this news. Also I want to be optimistic about it but if it is confirmed 100% that it is Tumor in the brain than we are talking about maybe a matter of months or few years maybe. I read the letter he received and it looks very serious.

Can this not be regarded as compassionate ground?
Maybe but its not clear the visas have a compassionate grounds clause. Something to dig into.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Is this friend in employment and does he earn 18,600 per annumn or on disability benefits as a result of his illness.

The child can apply for a Certificate of Right of Abode, which can be stamped on their foreign passport, provided they are British citizens.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Dali83

Post by Dali83 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:21 pm

[quote="Obie"]Is this friend in employment and does he earn 18,600 per annumn or on disability benefits as a result of his illness.

The child can apply for a Certificate of Right of Abode, which can be stamped on their foreign passport, provided they are British citizens.[/quote]

Hi Obie,

Yes he is working and I believe that he meets the requirement, I will have to ask him. Currently he is not working as he has a sick leave by his GP.

The children are British since birth. How long does the ROA takes normally and how can the mother accompany them?

Regards