ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceptionally Complex Letter from UKVI.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Exceptionally Complex Letter from UKVI.

Post by kiss300 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:52 pm

hi,
I need help with understanding a letter i received from OH.
I applied under flr (fp) from 10years to 5years back in June 2016.
my first letter was that my application was under the non-EU application but because it's exceptionally complex it will not fall under the designated 6 months time frame.
I got this letter in July and in August I got a letter to do a biometric with my son as I did the application with him.
Since August 6th I haven't heard anything. I have been calling their call centre and each time I get a different information.
Yesterday which was the 15th of Nov, I called them and I was told my application is now under unlimited time which means there isn't any timeframe for when a decision will be made so I should just wait whenever I hear from them I hear if not then there is no hope but wait till till.
Currently, I am not working at the time I made the application I was but now I am not. I even got a job in September but because my visa wasn't ready my appointment got terminated.
Can I write to them to change my 5years to 10 years as I am now desperate? PLs, i need advice.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Re: Exceptionally Complex Letter from UKVI.

Post by dilse4srk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:12 pm

just for your info. flr fp applications are now days do get this letter. I received the same letter and they took around 4 months after biometrics to decide the application which was a refusal based on their own mistake. so its a long waiting game. I have challenged the decision and they are now reconsidering my case. i would suggest you to continue wait for the outcome

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:35 pm

dilse4srk wrote:just for your info. flr fp applications are now days do get this letter. I received the same letter and they took around 4 months after biometrics to decide the application which was a refusal based on their own mistake. so its a long waiting game. I have challenged the decision and they are now reconsidering my case. i would suggest you to continue wait for the outcome
Hi dilse4srk,

Thank you for come through with an advice i do appreciate. Please, i want to know if you applied as a parent of a British child or as a private life or a partner?

Also would like to know what the mistake was all about?
can you also add your application time line
Thank you.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:43 pm

kiss300 wrote:
dilse4srk wrote:just for your info. flr fp applications are now days do get this letter. I received the same letter and they took around 4 months after biometrics to decide the application which was a refusal based on their own mistake. so its a long waiting game. I have challenged the decision and they are now reconsidering my case. i would suggest you to continue wait for the outcome
Hi dilse4srk,

Thank you for come through with an advice i do appreciate. Please, i want to know if you applied as a parent of a British child or as a private life or a partner?

Also would like to know what the mistake was all about?
can you also add your application time line
Thank you.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1399871

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:50 pm

well the above link will give you the brief history of my application. Time lines are

applied flr fp extension : 10 may 2016
refused : 13 sep 2016
filed pap : 21 sep 2016
reconsideration letter received 3rd oct 2016
still waiting for final out come, nearly 6 months now

Reus

Post by Reus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi kiss300
please iwant to know what category was ur application? was it parent of a british child or partner? as im planning to switch from 10yr to 5yr but ineed as much info as possibls so idont throw money away.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:17 pm

Partner of british citizen. i dont have kids

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:19 pm

I dont know whether its correct or not but my solicitor told me that once you have your 1st visa as flr fp (that is out of immigration rule) then in future if you want to change the category you will have to leave the country and then apply for entry clearance from your home country. This was the main reason i applied for flr fp in my 2nd extension. if the rules were so simple i could have applied for flr m application under 5 year route because i was ful filling all the requirements

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Reus is correct that he can switch. Your lawyer is clearly wrong in saying you can't.

Under DLR you were nit entitled, but since July 2012 that no longer exist.

Myself and my other colleagues have notified you that your lawyer is wrong on that. You are perfectly entitled to respect and aspect your lawyers views, but it will be wrong to espouse it on the forum as the correct legal position, because it is not.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:02 pm

Reus wrote:Hi kiss300
please iwant to know what category was ur application? was it parent of a british child or partner? as im planning to switch from 10yr to 5yr but ineed as much info as possibls so idont throw money away.
hi Reus,

I am applying under a parent of a British child. i first came to the Uk as a student. i had a baby with a british father who we are no more together. so i applied for the a zambrano as i didnt know there was the flr that was back in 2012 and i was refused and so, I did an appeal and i was still refused so 5days for me to be an overstayer my lawyer did the application for a British sole carer application. Prior to that, while i was waiting for my appeal, I applied for the parent of British child for the 5yrs route but my application was cancelled and my money was refunded because my appeal was still ongoing.
Because i have never overstayed and right now i don't depend on anyone, and i have masters i qualify for the 5yr route.

hopefully, i am granted soon. i hope i helped

Reus

Post by Reus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:22 pm

hi kiss300
Correct me if im wrong.
basically u have never overstayed right?
Also u were granted initial flrfp in 10yr route?
Now uve made an application to switch to the same flrfp but 5 yr route?

Hi obie, sorry my name is in ur comment but idont understand all ur saying. can u make it bit clear?

Reus

Post by Reus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:25 pm

hi kiss300
ithink iget you now. that means u have no leave atm?
so is it ur appeal ur waiting on now or an flrfp application? im guessing u withdrew ur appeal to apply the flrfp? correct me if im wrong btw. thanks

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:03 am

Reus wrote:hi kiss300
ithink iget you now. that means u have no leave atm?
so is it ur appeal ur waiting on now or an flrfp application? im guessing u withdrew ur appeal to apply the flrfp? correct me if im wrong btw. thanks
Reus wrote:hi kiss300
Correct me if im wrong.
basically u have never overstayed right?
Also u were granted initial flrfp in 10yr route?
Now uve made an application to switch to the same flrfp but 5 yr route?

Hi obie, sorry my name is in ur comment but idont understand all ur saying. can u make it bit clear?
Hi Resus,
I have leave to remain under flrfp(parent of a british child, 10yrs) which is currently been renewed. But i am changing from the 10yrs route to 5years route. So as i type i am waiting for a renewal under flrfp 5years route.
i hope that is clear. I have never overstayed.
Last edited by kiss300 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:05 am

That is permitted, subjet to meeting the English language and sufficient funds test.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:11 am

Obie wrote:That is permitted, subjet to meeting the English language and sufficient funds test.
Hi Obie,

yes, subject to funds and English language. I did my masters in UK finished in 2013. and i have worked since 2014. i have a limited company and i have savings as well as rent two-bed house with my two kids. One is British and one is not. the one who is not is just 1yrs. His father and i are not together and he is not British.

so just waiting as i did the application with my second born who is my dependent.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:03 am

kiss300 wrote:
Obie wrote:That is permitted, subjet to meeting the English language and sufficient funds test.
Hi Obie,

yes, subject to funds and English language. I did my masters in UK finished in 2013. and i have worked since 2014. i have a limited company and i have savings as well as rent two-bed house with my two kids. One is British and one is not. the one who is not is just 1yrs. His father and i are not together and he is not British.

so just waiting as i did the application with my second born who is my dependent.
Finally gotten my approval after 6months of waiting. God has been faithful. All the best to anyone waiting. Keep trusting and believing the finished work of Christ that he who has promise will do it

jexh
Newly Registered

Post by jexh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Happy for your positive outcome, kiss300!!