ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization after 15 months of ILR application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahmir

Naturalization after 15 months of ILR application?

Post by shahmir » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:04 am

I got ILR 8 months after submitting the application whereas the Home Office standard time for this service is 6 months. I came across a post of 2013 in this forum in which it has been advised that if there is a delayed decision of ILR by Home Office then Naturalization can be applied 15 months from the date of ILR application. When I checked this on government website for Naturalisation, it doesn't provide such option. It states that we can ONLY apply for naturalization 12 months after getting the ILR. Can anyone clarify this for me please.
lets get together for migrants' rights

secret.simon

Re: Naturalization after 15 months of ILR application?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:47 am

That still seems to be the case. See Paragraph 7.5(g) of Annex B of Chapter 18 of the Nationality Instructions (Page 16).

But even if you submit the naturalisation application on that plea (that the ILR application was unnecessarily protracted), it is not impossible that it is dealt with under Paragraph 7.5(a) (i.e. that they will start consideration of the application only after one year of ILR has elapsed).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

shahmir

Re: Naturalization after 15 months of ILR application?

Post by shahmir » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:24 am

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't get you on this. Do you mean we have the option to apply after 15 months of ILR application date? If so, then why would they decide it after 12 months of ILR decision date? I mean what's the point of having this 15 month option then?
lets get together for migrants' rights