ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP Card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ibmfreak
Newly Registered
India

Lost BRP Card

Post by ibmfreak » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:51 am

Hi All,
I have a ILR which I received in 2015. I was travelling abroad and have lost my brp card. I wanted to know do I need to submit any financial documents like bank statements as supporting documents when I go to drop my passport.
Currently I have the following documents in hand:
1. Copy of the UK border force letter and brp card of my ILR.
2. Copy of cancellation of my BRP card.
3. My property documents in the UK.
4. My Indian Passport.

Please comeback to me with your thoughts. I appreciate your help.

pentaya
India

Re: Lost BRP Card

Post by pentaya » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:27 pm

ibmfreak
Newly Registered
India

Post by ibmfreak » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:07 am

I have made my visa application, which is tomorrow. The only thing I am not sure is I have been unemployed in the UK since April 2016. Would that affect my ability to get my brp replacement visa. I have bank statements from my uncle who is sponsoring me so I am ok with that. Please post your comments/thoughts on the same. I appreciate your help.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:45 am

ibmfreak wrote:I have made my visa application, which is tomorrow. The only thing I am not sure is I have been unemployed in the UK since April 2016. Would that affect my ability to get my brp replacement visa. I have bank statements from my uncle who is sponsoring me so I am ok with that. Please post your comments/thoughts on the same. I appreciate your help.
To get a replcement BRO you dont need to prove anything to HO

ibmfreak
Newly Registered
India

Post by ibmfreak » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:51 am

pentaya wrote:
ibmfreak wrote:I have made my visa application, which is tomorrow. The only thing I am not sure is I have been unemployed in the UK since April 2016. Would that affect my ability to get my brp replacement visa. I have bank statements from my uncle who is sponsoring me so I am ok with that. Please post your comments/thoughts on the same. I appreciate your help.
Thanks mate, I have made my application today and I was told that I will get my replacement brp visa in 15 days. Crossing my fingers, I have submitted the bank statements any ways and also mentioned that my uncle is sponsoring my trip. I will keep everyone updated on the status of my application.
Thanks Again.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:19 am

Allow for Xmas and New Year breaks plus postal strikes and/or seasonal delays.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ibmfreak
Newly Registered
India

Post by ibmfreak » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:25 pm

pentaya wrote:
Thanks Pentaya, I got my visa stamp today. I will now need to apply for a replacement brp card once I get back to UK within a month.

ibmfreak
Newly Registered
India

Post by ibmfreak » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:46 pm

My visa is stamped till 28th March 2017. Can I apply for work while doing the application for the actual brp card? I will be going for the premium service.