ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK born child query by UKVI - any preemptive action?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hayat2014

UK born child query by UKVI - any preemptive action?

Post by hayat2014 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:23 am

Hello

I have applied for ILR on Tier 2 General after completing 5 years with one dependent (my wife). I have a UK born baby girl but i have not applied for her ILR as after getting ILR i will register her as UK citizen. I have included my daughter's birth certification in the application.

My questions are:
1. Will I possibly get a similar letter? as in quote below?
2. To save time, should i send a change of circumstances form and inform UKVI about my daughter living with me and send documents as below or anyother (any suggestions please?), and inform that i will apply British citizenship for my daughter after i get ILR?
tally80 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Update on my (SET O) ILR Application which is as under:

->>Received a Query letter from Home Office on 15 December, 2016. letter is as under:

"Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

To help me consider the matter, please send me the following documents. Please send ORIGINAL documents as photocopies are NOT accepted for the purpose of deciding your application.

Documents required:

As the Home Office is dedicated to protecting and safeguarding the interests of the children we therefore would ask that you now confirm the whereabouts of Miss......(your daughter) (DOB) and Master.....(Your son) (DOB), as we have not received application for indefinite leave to remain in line with your own application.

Our aim is to make a decision on your case promptly. To enable us to do this it is essential that you use the enclosed return label and ensure the information reaches us by 30 December 2016.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sheffield

UK Visas and Immigration"

I responded by sending back a GP letter showing my both children and a school letter for my daughter to Home Office on Saturday (17 December 2016).

Now waiting for a positive outcome hopefully.
Reposting this question here as it got lost in timeline thread

noajthan

Re: UK born child query by UKVI - any preemptive action?

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:53 am

THat is why timelines should not be contaminated by questions & etc.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

hayat2014

Re: UK born child query by UKVI - any preemptive action?

Post by hayat2014 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Thanks for clarifying. This was in reply to a previous message in the same thread.

Any thoughts on this any one ?

Regards