ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NQ Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

M69
Newly Registered

NQ Form

Post by M69 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:14 pm

NQ form fee is now £198 now.

I have a dilemma.
I have a UK passport and hold a dual citizenship. My country (in SE Asia) does not allow this.
My passport 'C' had expired (latest) now and need to renew it. I have a right of abode in the previous passport 'B but not in C. The embassy here is asking me to confirm that I have a non-acquisition of
BRITISH CITIZENSHIP before renewing the passport 'C'.

My 1st passport 'A' - Indefinite leave to remain status
2nd pasport 'B' - 'Right of abode'
3rd passport 'C' (latest) - no visa status

All passports above have different numbers and each has a chronological reference to one another.
Would it be a waste of time for me to apply using 'NQ' form?

Thanks..

LilyLalilu

Re: NQ Form

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:59 am

If you are, as you state, a British Citizen you can't be issued a confirmation of non-acquisition as you obviously hold BC. And if your country of origin doesn't allow dual citizenship but you became a BC anyways, wouldn't you have lost your country of origin citizenship automatically which means you are no longer entitled to a passport anyways?!
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

M69
Newly Registered

Post by M69 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:05 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:If you are, as you state, a British Citizen you can't be issued a confirmation of non-acquisition as you obviously hold BC. And if your country of origin doesn't allow dual citizenship but you became a BC anyways, wouldn't you have lost your country of origin citizenship automatically which means you are no longer entitled to a passport anyways?!
Short answer - no.
I have always held 2 passports. I have always travel back to my country using my native passport.

My question is by filling the NQ form, would they not issue/report/find that my passport C has no affiliation to UK. Only passports A and B are used to applied for the UK citizenship. Passport A -residency and passport B 'Right of abode stamp' in them. Passport C has no UK Visa.
M69 wrote:NQ form fee is now £198 now.

I have a dilemma.
I have a UK passport and hold a dual citizenship. My country (in SE Asia) does not allow this.
My passport 'C' had expired (latest) now and need to renew it. I have a right of abode in the previous passport 'B but not in C. The embassy here is asking me to confirm that I have a non-acquisition of
BRITISH CITIZENSHIP before renewing the passport 'C'.

My 1st passport 'A' - Indefinite leave to remain status
2nd pasport 'B' - 'Right of abode'
3rd passport 'C' (latest) - no visa status

All passports above have different numbers and each has a chronological reference to one another.
Would it be a waste of time for me to apply using 'NQ' form?

Thanks..

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:24 pm

You cannot play games here, the certification is all about you not some random passport.

Just because you have been clever enough to keep all mention of UK out of 1 of your 3 passports does not mitigate the fact that (you say) you are British.
You appear to be are proposing to perpetrate a deception and, once discovered, as the wheel of immigration karma turns, that is not likely to go down well.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.