ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Awaiting return of Passport from Home Office

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mohamed21
Newly Registered

Awaiting return of Passport from Home Office

Post by Mohamed21 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:30 am

Hi,

I applied for Tier 2 Extension in Mar 2016 and still waiting for my decision, can I get my passport and BRP back to fly to my home country for this Christmas vacation, my visa valid till Apr 2017 and my sponsorship holder is not premium. Please advise

Kind regards
Ashiq

noajthan

Re: Awaiting return of Passport from Home Office

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:32 am

Moved to appropriate forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Pavkum
Newly Registered

Post by Pavkum » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:38 am

Hi Ashiq,

Has it been 9 months from the day you applied for extension? Which sort of service did you chose - Priority or Normal?

Thanks

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Mohamed21 wrote:Hi,

I applied for Tier 2 Extension in Mar 2016 and still waiting for my decision, can I get my passport and BRP back to fly to my home country for this Christmas vacation, my visa valid till Apr 2017 and my sponsorship holder is not premium. Please advise

Kind regards
Ashiq
Hi! My question is how could you apply for extention one year back! is it under same emplyer? As far i know you can apply 28 days before you visa expire.

hossain31
Newly Registered

Post by hossain31 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:06 pm

HI GMO,

I have a similar problem. I have applied for an extension under the Tier 2 General category in 29 November 2016 and given my finger prints on the following day. I thought it takes only 8 weeks. but today I received a letter saying my application raises exceptionally complex issues and UKBA requires further time to consider my case thoroughly.

My current leave expires 3 February 2017 and i wanted to travel my home country in early March 2017. Now Can you please tell me is there any possibility if it will come before then? I know even if it comes there is no guarantee that I will get the visa. But do you think I should switch to the premium service now, if there is any option?

I would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

MH

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Well! i am still waiting after receiving the letter. I don't think we do have much options on this case except waiting! I read on this forum that some ppl tried to go for premium but in that case its not about how u apply ; if they wants to take time they will...You can write your local MP to contact HO regarding you. Then there might be possibility to speed up the process.. HO may ask further info from you or your employer to make their decision...Keep hope and worry less..If your paper and everything is fine then you will get it eventually.

All the best. :)