ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Covering letter for long residency visa on the basis of 10 y

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Asimnasimkhan
Newly Registered

Covering letter for long residency visa on the basis of 10 y

Post by Asimnasimkhan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:51 am

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, sbrennan

Will you please share the covering letter template for the 10 years long residency route as my case is pretty straightforward and solicitors are asking me for hefty amount of sum for just a covering letter although i have one which covers my entire immigration history but it doesn't reflect any points regarding long residency which includes family and private life in uk and mention relevant articles from the immigration rule
So its my humble request with admin and moderators if you guys have any template that will allow me to save few hundred pounds

thanks
Asim

snoopy01

Re: Covering letter for long residency visa on the basis of

Post by snoopy01 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:19 am

There is no need to use a covering letter, if you still insist, use something like this:

Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Home Office
SET (LR)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

Subject: Request to grant Indefinite Leave to Remain under 10 years long residence

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain under 10 years long residence. I have completed the form and have provided all the relevant documentation.

My history in the UK is below. I can confirm I have never overstayed in the UK.

20 Feb 2005 to 31 Oct 2008 – Student Visa
12 Dec 2008 to 17 Dec 2010 – Post Study Work Visa
05 Jan 2012 to Current – Tier 2 (General)

I would really appreciate if you can process my application for Set (LR) and I look forward to a positive outcome of the application.

If you require any documentation, I would be more than happy to provide them immediately. I can be contacted on the details below.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

John Smith

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:27 am

Asimnasimkhan wrote:Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, sbrennan

Will you please share the covering letter template for the 10 years long residency route as my case is pretty straightforward and solicitors are asking me for hefty amount of sum for just a covering letter ...

thanks
Asim
Many of these esteemed Moderators are no longer active having moved on to new challenges.

If case is straightforward why do you think a cover letter is necessary?
After all, purpose of form is to gather necessary material facts.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

fahadii123
United Kingdom

Post by fahadii123 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi Asim
Not a moderator but I'd also say the same.. You don't really need a cover letter for a straight forward application. However, I do have one that my solicitor wrote for m as my case had one little complication. I can share it with you if you still looking for one. Drop me your email

Regards and good luck!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:49 am

fahadii123 wrote:Hi Asim
Not a moderator but I'd also say the same.. You don't really need a cover letter for a straight forward application. However, I do have one that my solicitor wrote for m as my case had one little complication. I can share it with you if you still looking for one. Drop me your email

Regards and good luck!
As a new member on the forum, Asim doesn't yet have the privilege of the PM facility.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:47 pm

You can use this part to convey any extra information you want:

D15. If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you
have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below.

Asimnasimkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Asimnasimkhan » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:52 am

fahadii123 wrote:Hi Asim

Regards and good luck!
fahadii123
Please send me one if you have the covering letter on
xxxxxx
thanks
Asim

Moderator edit: Email address removed under forum Ts&Cs as security against scammers & spammers who frequently trawl the forum for such information.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:59 am

snoopy01 wrote:There is no need to use a covering letter, if you still insist, use something like this:

Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Home Office
SET (LR)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

Subject: Request to grant Indefinite Leave to Remain under 10 years long residence

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain under 10 years long residence. I have completed the form and have provided all the relevant documentation.

My history in the UK is below. I can confirm I have never overstayed in the UK.

20 Feb 2005 to 31 Oct 2008 – Student Visa
12 Dec 2008 to 17 Dec 2010 – Post Study Work Visa
05 Jan 2012 to Current – Tier 2 (General)

I would really appreciate if you can process my application for Set (LR) and I look forward to a positive outcome of the application.

If you require any documentation, I would be more than happy to provide them immediately. I can be contacted on the details below.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

John Smith

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.