ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from student visa to unmarried partner's visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mly
Newly Registered

Switching from student visa to unmarried partner's visa

Post by mly » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi all

Could you please help me with a few queries? My boyfriend is on a student visa. I have PR status in the UK. We do want to get married but due to my divorce which is at the decree nisi stage, we can't though I have been separated for 8 years. My question is twofold.

1.Will my as yet unfinalised divorce have a negative impact on the application?
2. My boyfriend has not taken his exams for the first year of his business course. Will this have a negative impact on the application?

I have consulted a few visa agencies and they all give me differing advice. TAccording to the Home Office, the criteria for being a student mas to be fulfilled and they do look at it.

Many thanks in advance.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:03 am

As long as he has not breached the terms of his visa at all you should be fine.

Not a problem that you don't have the decree absolute yet.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!