ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 entreprenure ext visa apllication to ilr sucess story

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imi87
Newly Registered

Tier 1 entreprenure ext visa apllication to ilr sucess story

Post by imi87 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:07 am

Hello

I would like to share my ilr success story. I came to uk in December 2006. I applied for tier 1 entrepreneur extension visa (as a team) back in April 16. I appeared for an interview on july 20th and was still waiting for the decision till 12th December. I varied my application on 13th December at PSO Sheffield. I was not expecting same day decision as my passport were sent with tier 1 ent ext visa application but I was surprised that they already had my passport. the whole process went smoothly apart from biometric as I had to give to it four times though they kept on apologising and even refunded me £63 for out of hours appointment. the whole process only took 90 mins. I was in for my appointment 745am and I left the building at 915am. no questions were asked from me regarding my previous tier ent ext application.

I kept everything simple and did not provide anything extra apart from the documents needed for the application I-e life in uk test and photocopies of degree and passport (sent with tier 1 ent application).

I wish others good luck with their applications.

ThisisA
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 entreprenure ext visa apllication to ilr sucess s

Post by ThisisA » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanks for sharing your story. A positive story is always moral boost for other. Many congratulations.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:17 pm

COngrats

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi

Many congratulations!

Were you asked about how much salary you were drawing from your company?
In the ILR form, there is a section that asks about income but there seem to be no minimum requirements regarding Tier Entrepreneur applicants.

imi87
Newly Registered

Post by imi87 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:21 pm

No.I was not asked any question about my income or my already pending entrepreneur visa. and as far as I can remember I did not fill anything related my income in the past.

I would suggest that its better to spend money and hire a good solicitor who has past experience in these cases. a good covering letter covering your past immigration history and what you have been upto in the last 10 years really helps as it makes things easier for the case worker. you might save money now but if you mess up your application then you would end up spending more money on appeals and also the mental stress that you have to go through.

Asimnasimkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Asimnasimkhan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:10 am

imi87 wrote:Hello will you please share your covering letter for the ilr on 10 years base as it will allow me to save good few hundred pounds as my case is pretty straightforward 10 years complete with all window extensions apart from intial application from home country and Entrepreneur which is not possible on window if you can share the covering letter that will be much appreciated
thanks

I
[/code] would like to share my ilr success story. I came to uk in December 2006. I applied for tier 1 entrepreneur extension visa (as a team) back in April 16. I appeared for an interview on july 20th and was still waiting for the decision till 12th December. I varied my application on 13th December at PSO Sheffield. I was not expecting same day decision as my passport were sent with tier 1 ent ext visa application but I was surprised that they already had my passport. the whole process went smoothly apart from biometric as I had to give to it four times though they kept on apologising and even refunded me £63 for out of hours appointment. the whole process only took 90 mins. I was in for my appointment 745am and I left the building at 915am. no questions were asked from me regarding my previous tier ent ext application.

I kept everything simple and did not provide anything extra apart from the documents needed for the application I-e life in uk test and photocopies of degree and passport (sent with tier 1 ent application).

I wish others good luck with their applications.[/quote]

Asimnasimkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Asimnasimkhan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:42 am

Zimba88
dnf
vinie

Will you please share the covering letter template for the 10 years long residency route as my case is pretty straightforward and solicitors are asking me for hefty amount of sum for just a covering letter although i have one which covers my entire immigration history but it doesn't reflect any points regarding long residency which includes family and private life in uk and mention relevant articles from the immigration rule
So its my humble request with admin and moderators if you guys have any template that will allow me to save few hundred pounds

thanks

nicefriendzz
Newly Registered

Post by nicefriendzz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi imi87
kindly can you please share did you apply within 28 days of completing your 10 years or you have completed exactly 10 years then applied.kindly can you please share your experience that would be great.thanks

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Asimnasimkhan wrote:Zimba88
dnf
vinie

Will you please share the covering letter template for the 10 years long residency route as my case is pretty straightforward and solicitors are asking me for hefty amount of sum for just a covering letter although i have one which covers my entire immigration history but it doesn't reflect any points regarding long residency which includes family and private life in uk and mention relevant articles from the immigration rule
So its my humble request with admin and moderators if you guys have any template that will allow me to save few hundred pounds

thanks
That covering letter must have one heck of a secret recipe to it. Covering letter is required if you have something you want to explain in detail not covered in the application form. If you have a straightforward case do not annoy the lowly case worker with additional blotches of ink.