ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MrsGreenside

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by MrsGreenside » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:34 pm

You could not possibly make it up. My husband just called me at work telling me that my letter has arrived. Merry Christmas :lol:

I hope you all receive good news soon. God bless you all and thank you for your generous help and positive reinforcement!

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:27 pm

MrsGreenside wrote:You could not possibly make it up. My husband just called me at work telling me that my letter has arrived. Merry Christmas :lol:

I hope you all receive good news soon. God bless you all and thank you for your generous help and positive reinforcement!
Hallelujah! Your advice worked! Called my council and they indeed have my certificate hahaha! I guess my letter should be home by the time I'm back in few days.

Though H&F council say they need the letter or an email from HO to book the ceremony :?

Pal2013
Newly Registered

Post by Pal2013 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Good evening. i have applied on 5 Sept 2016 and still waiting. is anyone else applied in Sept 2016 and waiting for response from Home Office ?

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:40 pm

My mate text me saying there is letter for me at home just after I left lol hopefully the approval .
I applied 10 oct and done my biometric 26 oct
I'm finishing my work midnight Nd can't really wait lol

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Indianlonly wrote:My mate text me saying there is letter for me at home just after I left lol hopefully the approval .
If it's a brown envelope which says Home Office at the back then you know it is.

MrsT
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MrsT » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Indianlonly wrote:My mate text me saying there is letter for me at home just after I left lol hopefully the approval .
Fingers crossed! :)
UK residence: 2006 - PR: 2011 - PRC: 2016 - Approval: 2016 - Ceremony: 2017 - UK Spouse

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:26 pm

MrsT wrote:
Fingers crossed! :)
MrsT I really couldn't wait and I text him to open the letter and the approval lol thank you and thank to ur sister
I'm thinking now the passport Bcos I didn't apply with the application as I wasn't aware about jcap

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:32 am

Indianlonly wrote:I'm thinking now the passport Bcos I didn't apply with the application as I wasn't aware about jcap
I didn't either but I applied online straight after ceremony and had the earliest appointment for interview so passport took only 7 workdays. :)
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Wow thanks to all valuable posts by everyone! Incredibly useful!!
Congrats to all who have received approvals to make Christmas very special! :D :lol:
Merry Christmas to all!

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:55 pm

Whilst waiting to hear the approval, something in the back of my mind...
Has anyone lightened the passport photos taken for the naturalisation application?
I did (only slightly) and recently noticed when having a look at my previous passport photos that this one looks bit odd like! :o
Hope the application won't be rejected (and all that money wasted!! :o ) due to the photo? :!: :?

MMM-MMM

Post by MMM-MMM » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:00 pm

Nearly 15 month since I applied ( since 2nd October 2015) and still no outcome yet - I still don't understand, how come some applicants gets outcome within 2-3 months and others can take that loooong! 15 months to do checks - every time i call them I get the same answer "checks not completed yet"! Really! So why they charge us that much money if they can't give us a good service , for example " Online system to check the status of the applications" rather than us calling , emailing and contacting MPs.

scorpion90

Post by scorpion90 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:12 pm

scorpion90 wrote:
sud315 wrote:
scorpion90 wrote:Hi guys i applied for bc.. they asked me to send my most recent self employed assessment . i sent my last tax return instead as i didnt know till yesterday.. i received my most recent self employed assessment yesterday then i realised i sent the wrong one...so do u thing i should sent this one received as additional document or tax return is also fine?
How long ago did you send it?
I think it would be best to send this as well, now that you have received it and it is what they did ask for too.
Together with a letter to explain the fact that you send the tax return and now sending the doc they asked as you only received it recently.
This is my idea though and I'm no expert!!
i have applied just over 2 months ago.. i think i will do that send it as additional doc. thanks for help

hi i have finally got the approval last monday i received the letter after 17 days of the letter date. so question is i sent the additional document as i mentioned above just 2 days befor i received the approval. so that doc was probably was not required but i sent it .do u thing that would effect my approval?

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:31 pm

scorpion90 wrote: i have applied just over 2 months ago.. i think i will do that send it as additional doc. thanks for help

hi i have finally got the approval last monday i received the letter after 17 days of the letter date. so question is i sent the additional document as i mentioned above just 2 days befor i received the approval. so that doc was probably was not required but i sent it .do u thing that would effect my approval?[/quote]

Congrats! :D
No I don't think it will make any difference to the decision they have already made.
You sent what they asked for and as additional evidence. So no harm in that and doc will get returned to you I suppose.

scorpion90

Post by scorpion90 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:47 pm

sud315 wrote:
scorpion90 wrote: i have applied just over 2 months ago.. i think i will do that send it as additional doc. thanks for help

hi i have finally got the approval last monday i received the letter after 17 days of the letter date. so question is i sent the additional document as i mentioned above just 2 days befor i received the approval. so that doc was probably was not required but i sent it .do u thing that would effect my approval?
No I don't think it will make any difference to the decision they have already made.
You sent what they asked for and as additional evidence. So no harm in that and doc will get returned to you I suppose.[/quote]

Thats mate ...:)

scorpion90

Post by scorpion90 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:48 pm

scorpion90 wrote:
sud315 wrote:

You sent what they asked for and as additional evidence. So no harm in that and doc will get returned to you I suppose.

Thats mate ...:)[/quote]

Thanks mate :)

december00
Newly Registered

Post by december00 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:55 pm

MMM-MMM wrote:Nearly 15 month since I applied ( since 2nd October 2015) and still no outcome yet - I still don't understand, how come some applicants gets outcome within 2-3 months and others can take that loooong! 15 months to do checks - every time i call them I get the same answer "checks not completed yet"! Really! So why they charge us that much money if they can't give us a good service , for example " Online system to check the status of the applications" rather than us calling , emailing and contacting MPs.
my husband's BC approval came last week after 15 months ...he did contact MP and within 10 days, he got his approval so if you havent yet contacted your mp yet then give him a try it might help you get your due approval

Lom
Newly Registered

Post by Lom » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:50 pm

The Home Office Guide AN says the following:

Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married to or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application
• Your passports OR say why you are unable to provide one on page 24 and supply
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period
If your passport is not stamped when you come into the United Kingdom for example because you have a right of abode in the United Kingdom or you are a national of the “Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus” or Taiwan, you should send your passport and also provide alternative evidence of residence as above.If you are an EEA national you should additionally provide the information listed below.

I arrived in UK in 1991 and lived here continuously since then. I was granted ILR in 2003. I got my current passport in 2010 from the embassy of my country of origin in London. In my passport there is no information that the embassy provided it. I don't have a right of abode in the United Kingdom nor am I a national of the “Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus” or Taiwan.

Is my passport alone sufficient evidence that I haven't had any absences in the last 5 years?

Yawbee
Newly Registered

Post by Yawbee » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:58 pm

I came to London on a student visa in 2001 and held the student visa until November 2006. I was living here illegally from 2007 until 2010 when I met my wife from Netherlands and we got married. I was issued with a resident permit and have gone through all the stages and now have my permanent residence card. I'm due for naturalisation from April 2017 but my question is will the three years I stayed illegal affect my chances to naturalise or because my wife is an EEA national the good character law will not affect me. Please advice me. Thank you, kind regards

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 am

Yawbee wrote:I came to London on a student visa in 2001 and held the student visa until November 2006. I was living here illegally from 2007 until 2010 when I met my wife from Netherlands and we got married. I was issued with a resident permit and have gone through all the stages and now have my permanent residence card. I'm due for naturalisation from April 2017 but my question is will the three years I stayed illegal affect my chances to naturalise or because my wife is an EEA national the good character law will not affect me. Please advice me. Thank you, kind regards
The Good Character requirement applies equally to all applicants, from any country.
What date did you make yourself known to the Home Office? Assuming it is in 2010 when you married it would be 10 years from that date, i.e. 2020 - not clear where April 2017 comes from. From my reading of the postings here.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:45 am

No one is exempt from the 'good character' rule for BC. :idea:

Due to your previous illegal stay, you won't qualify for British citizenship until 2020 which will be 10 years from the date when the HO were first made aware of your illegal residence.

Edit: Beaten by alterhase58
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Melak

Post by Melak » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:24 pm

**ANXIETY**
It took me nearly 10 months to get ILR approval. I am so anxious lately about the AN application. In the last week I wait and hope for that brown envelope and even though I know it's a little bit early (my application was received 26th October) I still feel awfully anxious that I may be in for another long wait!!

What do you guys do to keep your mind off the wait? Even at work all I can think of is the application process!!
Anyone dealing with anxiety as badly as I am?

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:23 am

Melak wrote:**ANXIETY**
It took me nearly 10 months to get ILR approval. I am so anxious lately about the AN application. In the last week I wait and hope for that brown envelope and even though I know it's a little bit early (my application was received 26th October) I still feel awfully anxious that I may be in for another long wait!!

What do you guys do to keep your mind off the wait? Even at work all I can think of is the application process!!
I guess it depends on person and level of anxiety. But you know it can take 2-4 months at least. Plus just bear in mind that as long as you know you meet all the requirements there is nothing to worry. The citizenship wait is not stopping your life in any way esp. if you used NCS as you can travel etc. :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:44 am

Lom wrote:...

Is my passport alone sufficient evidence that I haven't had any absences in the last 5 years?
Yes, for those on domestic UK route.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:51 am

Think of England.

Presumably you put your all into the application, its out of your hands now.
Your life is now in the hands of people such as Doris and Rupert, doubtless well-meaning but hard-pressed and over-worked caseworkers.
If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.
Dalai Lama XIV.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MrsT
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MrsT » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:12 pm

I really tried to shake it off and not think about it but it wasn't easy at all. Especially coming home from work every day, hoping to see that brown envelope on the doormat. Do you have any hobbies you can move your focus on? I started sewing and playing Xbox just to keep my minds of things :oops: :mrgreen: .
UK residence: 2006 - PR: 2011 - PRC: 2016 - Approval: 2016 - Ceremony: 2017 - UK Spouse