ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa latest bank statement?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cosak
United Kingdom

Spouse visa latest bank statement?

Post by cosak » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:57 pm

Hi
Please can someone advise me on this.
My last bank statement is issued on 17th December. We are going to submit the documents and biometrics on 12th January. It gives us 27 days from 17th Dec. to 12th Jan. the next statement will be issued on 17th Jan. which is too late... I don't want to include internet bank statement because the HSBC refused to stamp it because they don't have a stamp in the branch...

I believe the rule is that the documents shouldn't be older than 28 days...

I just wonder if that will be ok??..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa latest bank statement?

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:00 am

Why don't you simply request the bank to change your date of statement and bring it to an early date so you get the very latest statement in post. You can still meet 28 days older documents rule by 27 days older statement but if you can be able to get the most latest one then it will be preferably good.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Thanks seagul, appreciate ur advice. I wonder if I get statement off the internet and then get signed by bank, will tahtbe ok? I've read it somewhere that they don't accept internet statement... thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:16 pm

Easiest and secured way is to change the statement date let's say 1st of each month so by 12th you already got latest one. Or go to different branch and request the latest entries transaction along with balance certiificate which usually a customer can demand from their bank.Usually both are on bank letter pad and if both staples together while balance certificate on top can serve the purpose.
All above is just for precaution because you can still use 27 days older statement but you never know that caseworker may miscalculate the statement dates.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:26 pm

HSBC will not stamp statements but will print out the latest one and write a letter verifying the name and address on the account. Such a letter was done for me recently and took about five minutes.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:27 pm

hi guys
thanks a lot for your advice. I have ordered latest statement again today from 17th Decc. to 24th Dec. and that will be sufficient because it give us more days.. the only problem now is that she said the statement will take 7 working days to arrive... i hope it arrive on time before i fly...

if it doesn't arrive then i will go the branch and ask them to print one for me and either write a letter along with it or stamp and sign..whichever but i think i am confident that i shall be fine on this matter...even my current bank statement is less than 28 days older..they can't challenge that legally...anyway, thanks again and merry christmas to you all if you are celeberating