ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC REFUSAL- INSUFFICIENT FUNDS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lagun07
Newly Registered

EC REFUSAL- INSUFFICIENT FUNDS

Post by Lagun07 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Hello Moderators and fellow HSMP applicants.

This is a cry for urgent help and advice.

After getting HSMP , I applied for EC, but it was refused because the ECO was not convinced that the available fund will be enough to take care of me and my spouse before I get a job.

I applied showing a breakdown of my expenses for first 3months totalling about 3,700GBP and my avalaible bank balance of 6,000GBP which I felt was enough , considering their own benchmark of 2800GBP for main applicant and 1/3 of that for first dependant.

But it was rejected stating that:

1) 6,000GBP will not be enough to take care of me and my wife.
2)I have never travelled out of my country and I do not have friends and relatives that will assist me in the UK.
3) I made hotel reservation for 6days, but they said I need to show proof of long term accomodation.

I was given a chance to appeal.

But I am really confused here because I can't decide whether to appeal or go for a new application with more funds and invitation letter from a friend in the UK.

I initially preferred the re-application but some body said once EC is refused one can not apply immediately till after 90days(3months). I don't know if this is true because I only have till February end within which I can use the original HSMP approval letter.

On the other hand, if I go for an appeal I don't know how long the appleal process takes, and can I add the letter from my friend and additional funds to support the appeal ?

Please an urgent advice will be highly appreciated, because I have put in so much into this process and I don't want to lose out now

Thanks

[/b]

December31

Post by December31 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:46 pm

You do not need to wait 90 days to re-apply.

Some people say re-applying is prefered to appealling.

I think you need to consult a consultant. Please details of the consultant below. I do not know anything about the consultant, someone in this forum told that she is good.

Consultant name is Raji govindraj, She is the MD of Karmlaw immigration services.
mail:raji@karmindia.com
Phone No : 9884155605,044-42638693,044-43508230

ash123

Post by ash123 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:54 pm

Refer the UK Visa's guidance for re-appeal here :
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 631238#Q14

Can I appeal if you refuse my visa?
You can get information about appeals in our Appeals (INF 19) guidance on this website.

If we refuse your visa, the Entry Clearance Officer will tell you if you have a right of appeal. If you do, they will give you the appeal forms you need.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:33 pm

I think the reasons for the refusal are ridiculous when the HO proposed guidelines on required funds under the new PBS is less than the £6000 you are able to show. Notwithstanding that, it may be a good idea to reapply showing more funds if you can as well as getting the accomodation letter from your friend.
'In everything give thanks'

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:23 am

hi Lagun07,

Thats really bad... even after showing sufficient funds they have rejected... I think u sit and analyse your application first and then talk to a consultant who can help you in this regard...

The reason I asked to analyse your application is...

1. What was your answer for questions...
6.4.13 How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

6.4.14 How much do you spend each month on living costs?

2. Are you paying any hefty EMIs?

If your expenses here are more then they might have thot that it will difficult for you to manage your expenses with the amount you have shown... let us know your thots on this...
Thanks...
Veeresh

Lagun07
Newly Registered

RE- EC REFUSAL- INSUFFICIENT FUNDS

Post by Lagun07 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:53 am

HSMPinit wrote:hi Lagun07,

Thats really bad... even after showing sufficient funds they have rejected... I think u sit and analyse your application first and then talk to a consultant who can help you in this regard...

The reason I asked to analyse your application is...

1. What was your answer for questions...
6.4.13 How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

6.4.14 How much do you spend each month on living costs?

2. Are you paying any hefty EMIs?

If your expenses here are more then they might have thot that it will difficult for you to manage your expenses with the amount you have shown... let us know your thots on this...

Thanks for all the comments

Actually I am baffled by the reason for refusal, bcos even as pointed out by HSMPinit, I do not spend up to 40% of my monthly income -considering the fact that I have been preparing for this since 2006.
Since they say this stage is subjective and at the ECOs descretion , I think sometimes they enjoy using that authority, especially as there are no hard and fast rules on such issues.

Well I am thinking of re-applying, but am wondering if they would not start questioning the source of the additional funds.

And for a friend to invite me, I don't think my friend will like the idea of sending his personal bank statement or payslip for presentation as proof that he will be able support me till I get a job

lastly no one has confirmed to me if it's ok for me to re-apply immediately, cos I got this result on 29/01/2008 and I plan on re-applying on or before 08/02/2008.

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:01 am

You can show additional funds as long as you can provide suffecient proofs to support it...And as far as your friends personal docs are concerned, you dont have to show his sal slips/bank statements...All you need is his utility bills and property docs/rent agreement and a letter from him stating that he will take care of you guys until u find a job. Make sure he clearly states the number of bedrooms his house has and who are all the people living with him...

I dont know abt the time fram for re-application

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:07 am

The best way to add some amount to your savings account is to get a personal loan... sorry even I'm not sure about your re-apply query...
Thanks...
Veeresh

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:19 am

Hi, there are posts on the ec rejections sticky from ppl who have reapplied immediately after getting ec result - so i am pretty sure there is no 90 day limit - i think this is only for student visa / visitor visa ?
Anyways , if youre still unsure , just make a call or visit the enquiry counter at your local VFS - they can definetely confirm it.

All the very best , please keep updating us - i am sure your reapplication will be very successful.

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:57 am

Any updates
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:00 pm

This is quite strange. I believe there must be any other reasons. I have read quite reasonable number of people get approval with amount of money less than this.

It could be about doubt but they can not use this one as the basis for rejction. So they will use other reason which is still in the grey area (have not been defined clearly).

If you fully believe that you are right and they have made mistake, then go for appeal rather than new application you will get approved.

OFCHARITY wrote:I think the reasons for the refusal are ridiculous when the HO proposed guidelines on required funds under the new PBS is less than the £6000 you are able to show. Notwithstanding that, it may be a good idea to reapply showing more funds if you can as well as getting the accomodation letter from your friend.
Last edited by pantaiema on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pantaiema

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi,
Thanks dec31 for your compliment. As attorneys / lawyers our approach to every case is done with the utmost sincerity & credibility, and that is why our track record is so good. Anyways, coming to the applicant whose E.C has been rejected, I believe the GBP 6000/- is more than enough for 3 family members, provided he has presented his earnings to the ECO well. Also, there is no time frame to re-apply.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

December31

Marriage Photos

Post by December31 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:40 am

Hi Raji_karmlaw,

Thank you. I have a small query regarding my EC application.

I applied for EC under HSMP on 31 December 2007 for me and my wife(as dependent). We submitted our Original Marriage Certificate,but no marriage photos(I was not carrying as I am unaware that they are required).

The VFS officer warned me I am taking a risk by not submitting photos, as spouse names are not included in our passports eventhough my wife has got her passport recently(45 days after we got married, actually her passport was applied 40 days before our marriage ).

I decided to go ahead as submit our application as:
1. we are submitting Original Marriage Certificate.
2. Both of our salary accounts(my wife is working in big UK based MNC) show we reside at the same address.
3. We were having evidene of a joint bank accout on our names in ICICI bank.

The VFS Officer made a remark 'Informed about marriage photo, applicant insisted to go forward with the same' on his non-settlement form.

Will marriage photos be an issue for me in deciding my application ?

My status is 'Forwarded your application to BHC on 31 December 2007'.

Thanks in advance.

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:12 am

Hi,
thanks for ur query. actually it should not be a problem as u have submitted the original marriage certificate and other evidences of proof of living together.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

December31

Post by December31 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:22 am

Thank you. We(my wife and myself) got visa stamped for 2 years.

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:31 am

Hi,
Congrats!!! Most of the time VFS goes with a check list of documents recommended to be submitted. But they are not relevant at all times.

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:35 am

Hi Raji

January 1st week applicants are now getting their results ; whereas some of us mid and late december applicants ( i applied dec 28th) are still waiting

BHC is now not giving the likely timeframe within which they will take the decision also ....

can you pls comment on what does this indicate ; would our application gone for some additional verification and they will not process further till they get the verification results hence not committing to a time frame ?? :?: :?:
thanks raji for your inputs , they are much valued on this forum by us.

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:48 am

Hi,
From our track record we can definitely say that the EC process is a little faster if you are working for top MNC's as compared to a smaller company in which case more stringent checks are required as to the credibility of the company and the authenticity of ur job with them.

senthilkm

Post by senthilkm » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:28 am

Hi am sorry to hear that.

Could you let us know which VFS office and BHC you have applied

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:02 pm

This is common sense and every HSMP should have known this.

Reason:
-If you are working in big MNC companies in your countries, you are likely to get job faster in I the UK.
- But on the top of it, the Evidence, wage slip, employment letter, etc are more credible. Take example the employment letter issue by Microsoft, PWC, KPMG, City Bank, etc in comparison with, employment letter issue by local companies. People are less likely (or at least will think twice) if they are going to fake the documents issue by these MNC’s, because they operate in open system. Every employer’s (not only the HR, manager or director) will easily know who have been working in this companies simply by looking into their intranet. Every employer will easily guess the salary of their collegues by looking into their position.

Raji_karmlaw wrote:Hi,
From our track record we can definitely say that the EC process is a little faster if you are working for top MNC's as compared to a smaller company in which case more stringent checks are required as to the credibility of the company and the authenticity of ur job with them.
Pantaiema