ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR before the completion of FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

astra555
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR before the completion of FLR(M)

Post by astra555 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi All,

I have a query where I am unable to find the answer to:

I applied for a Spouse Visa before 9 July 2012 and arrived here on a 2.5 year Spouse Visa. I had not passed my KOLL test by the end of this Visa (2015) so I extended my Visa for a further 2 years with the FLR(M) route which ends next year.

Now my question is that do I have to wait for this visa (FLR) to finish before I can apply for ILR, or can I apply any time now as I have already passed my initial 2-year spouse visa period?

I did call the Migrants helpline but was not reassured by their answer as she didn't seem sure.

Thanks in advanced. :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for ILR before the completion of FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Your original spouse visa would have been for 27 months not 2.5 years if you applied before 9/7/2012.

You should be fine to apply for ILR now if you have LIUK and B1 English test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

astra555
Newly Registered

Post by astra555 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:18 am

Thanks for the reply CR001.

I could not find information on applying for ILR prior to completing the FLR period in writing anywhere. Do you know if there is anything official related to this in the Gov website?

My concern is that I apply for ILR but then it is rejected by the case worker claiming that I have not completed the full period of the extended visa.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:39 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.