ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Gen to ILR sucess story

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zahid4776
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Gen to ILR sucess story

Post by zahid4776 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:45 pm

Thanks to CR001 for valuable advice re English requirements.

Went to Corydon yesterday and ILR approved without any issues.

**I did not attached a single piece of evidence regarding my absences from UK**

Although all explained in a cover letter. I would suggest that if your current circumstances are good and you are well integrated into UK and your absences are less the 180 days in any given year then don't worry about the evidences but do explain all in cover letter.

Write a very detailed cover letter explain your previous and currents circumstances and share about you future plans. Explain how u scored points in attribute and give detail about cohabitation in a narrative manner.

Do take a set of photocopy of all evidence and passports; that does help them process your case quickly and its nice gesture from applicant.

My list of docs was:
Set O self + 3 dependents
LIUK + B1 self + spouse
Previous earnings : (12 payslips and 12 banks statements)
Personal docs : Job letter, p60s
Cohabitation docs:
council tax bills, spouse banks statements (random), tenancy agreement / letters from kids schools / NHS letters

(all docs were returned except my cover letter)

My scenario:
original leave was issued in Jan 2009, I was in and out several times to find employment. Then family moved in 2011 and I remained self employed in UK + full time employment outside UK. Entered in 7 Jan 2012 (date from which in am counting 5 years) got the first extension for 2 years via PEO on 16 Jan 2012 (based on UK self employment + overseas earnings), in the mean time UK employment was arranged here, then I had to return to pack up form overseas job so in first year absence was about 128 days, later in Jan 2014 got 3 years ext till Jan 2017.

Detail of absence:
JAN 2012 to JAN 2013 - 128 days
( 91 days due transition of finishing work out side UK + 37 days vacations total in that year 128 days)
JAN 2012 to JAN 2013 - 33 days (below all absence are vacations)
JAN 2013 to JAN 2014 - 28 days
JAN 2014 to JAN 2015 - 30 days
JAN 2015 to JAN 2016 - 10 days
JAN 2016 to JAN 2017 - 40 days

any questions welcome...and best of luck for future applicants.

Regards

uktierone

Re: Tier 1 Gen to ILR sucess story

Post by uktierone » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi Zahid

Many Congratulations on your ILR Success.

Please can you help in providing details on my few queries :

a. As I understand your first extension was based on combination of UK + Overseas Earnings - So as part of ILR Application did you submit any documentation related to this ?

b. Did you submit any documentation related to Tax specifically for the Year where you had both UK + Overseas Earnings ?

Looking forward for your guidance on my questions.

Regards

zahid4776
Newly Registered

Post by zahid4776 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:58 am

uktierone wrote:Hi Zahid

Many Congratulations on your ILR Success.

Please can you help in providing details on my few queries :

a. As I understand your first extension was based on combination of UK + Overseas Earnings - So as part of ILR Application did you submit any documentation related to this ?

b. Did you submit any documentation related to Tax specifically for the Year where you had both UK + Overseas Earnings ?

Looking forward for your guidance on my questions.

Regards
Thanks

1 - No such docs related to previous extensions or related to those circumstances were submitted. If visa was extended means that requirements were met at that time and no point to submit again.
2- no tax docs even at the time of extensions were attached, coz you pay tax only on UK earnings, overseas earnings tax was paid In that country.

In ILR all they are interested is in that you meet the Set O requirements (continues residence / points from attributes / cohabitation / KOLL) and your current circumstances show that you are integrating into UK society.

I hope this helps..

uktierone

Post by uktierone » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Hi Zahid

Thank you for clarification.

Regards