ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

December31

Post by December31 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:50 pm

You are right, you not in a postion to make any analysis.

My close friend told me that I have no chance getting a refusal and I was worried for no reason. I was so worried that I aged 6 months in 1 month.

My analysis says that if you do not get it by 26 days, it is likely to drag further, I don't see any evidence of negative result and longer duration.

Sleep well.

ItsEd
Newly Registered

Result on the way....

Post by ItsEd » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:44 am

I find it appropriate to post this info in December thread considering the backlogs.

Ppl,
Today I called up VFS and they told me that my passport is delivered to blue dart on 5th feb 2008. I will be getting it this afternoon.
But surprisingly the online information hasn’t got changed yet.
I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best to come.

Edwin

winmano

Post by winmano » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:17 am

HI All,
I got visa without mentioning about job offer, becoz HSMP is for highly skilled and we are expected to get skilled job as soon as we enter there.....

Hi Vidya,
You have been the pillar of this forum....So do not lose hope....You all will get EC soon.....You guyz deserve it for ur patience....
winmano
A : 20th-dec
C: Chennai,
No Of working days: 24 (Got passport)

lion686

Post by lion686 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:45 am

guys,

My thread is really goin thru a tuf time now i guess.. :oops:

I can see so many changes with BHC and its pattern of work since i got my EC..In fact in my case, the status got updated on a monday morning 11 AM as "Processed application sent to OC Section on 03-Dec-07"..which is total bizarre..why because the date that is shown is my application date & not the original decision date "21-Jan-08".. :P ...but when i mailed the BHC about this they replied saying i got the entry clearance.. :lol: ..

now so many tgs are quite disgusting, they are not updating the online, SMS, phone calls, emails...what the heck they wil do..atleat by doing this if they are speeding the results then we can relax..even there they are incapable..

i dont knw hw this will go in future..during my wait time i was little relaxing since there were so many holidays...now then there is nothing else..

I can feel everyones tension and i know how terrible is to concentrate on soimetg else when this EC is underway...

guys don give up..back each everyone in this forum and wait...if its your visa you shd get it..ntg can stop it..

tak care guys....wil keep posting you always..
Lion

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:47 am

Hey December31st,

Congratulations from the bottom of my heart!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!: :!: :!:

May be you r not aware that I have been silently watching you on the forum....

Did you observe that you and I have applied on the same day...

Last day of the last year...Lol... :)

May be the day we applied is favourable....

Now I feel that as if stars are processing my VISA application instead of case workers....

That has come true in ur case!!

Can you analyze when my EC result will be put on board..December31st

Once again the forum has been following a custom of disclosing the original names after the \ec approval\ ....

Hope to know your name soon...

Please also mention your VFS BRANCH :?: :?:

Guyz....Don't worry ........Everybody on the forum will get through...

Believe me .....

PATIENCE AND HARD WORK ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE TO BUY WHICH WE HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT AS WE ARE ABOUT TO TOUCH 80 PAGES ON THIS THREAD :!: :!: :!:
knowledge increases when you share it
-----------------------------------------
EC Applied: VFS_HYD 31/DEC/07
Integra Verification : 4/jan/08
Integra report to BHC : No Idea
Final Result : Waiting

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:55 am

Iam sure that Till Jan 4, 2008, we are no more in the queue and the applications are assigned to the case officers.

Reasons for Delay.

1)Waiting for some more verifications like current employer
2) Travel history to other countries
3) Income Tax Return verifications.

Can you think of anything more....

Jason

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 am

hi shridar and everyone,

i guess now i am really nervous because so many jan 1st week applicants have started getting the result - why are there ppl from december still waiting then like me ....

i called up BHC today morning - they put me on hold - and then said decision has not yet been taken and " you will have to wait pls" - then i asked them to give me a likely time frame - again put on hold - and the same sentence was repeated again ie decision not taken ; you will have to wait maam"

really worried now ...wonder what was there in my application that has complicated matters ..

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:03 am

No Change :(

SKD,
Is there any news from your side?
Applied On : 14th-dec
Applied at: Hyderabad VFS Center
Integra Verification : 21st Dec and 12th Feb
Final Status : Refused

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:04 am

Edwin , that is good news ....please update us as soon as you get the passport.

waiting for updates from ed and riz ......

i guess online updates are no longer reliable ...and best way is to keep emailing and calling BHC and VFS at reasonable intervals

Jason , am really not sure what causes the delay - we do know for sure though that many 1st week jan applicants are getting the results -

so pretty sure that they are waiting for some additional verifications to be done.

i gave a sponsor letter from my sister for accomodation in UK ; i noticed that many ppl have given hotel bookings ...there can be n number of factors i guess

but dec31st ; rajesh seemed to feel that if it goes beyond 26 days ( and it is day 26 for me today according to his number of days calculation he does not include the day we applied) ......then there is a high chance that it will take much more time beyond that .......unfortunately i see the logic in this.....

:?: :?:

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:14 am

Vidya,
Dec31st, has told that if anyone crosses 26 days there would be a huge delay....

Just to remind in lion's case he has crossed 26 days and made it to a fine finish of 27 working days I guess..

These are just rough estimates .........

I do think the time variations only depend on the CASE WORKERS TO WHOM OUR CASE IS ALLOTTED AND THE CASE WORKER HAS A LIKELY CHANCE OF PROCESSING OTHER CATEGORY VISAS APART FROM HSMP VISAS... :idea: :idea:

ADDED TO THAT THE FREQUENCY OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND BIOMETRICS DATA COLLECTION AS THE BHC SAYS WOULD BE AN ADDED REASON FOR DELAY....... :idea:

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:18 am

kmsr , i agree about all this being rough estimates - there are roughly about 25 dec applicants and 25 jan applicants posting on the two ec threads - and i noticed at the vfs that there are almost that many hsmp applicants everyday ...so we cannot predict too much on a such a small sample - for all we know 50% of december applicants might still be waiting .......

since they told me categorically today morning that decision not yet taken ; they declined giving a likely time frame and just said you will have to wait - politely but firmly - i dont even feel inclined to call or email anymore - at least not again this week.

Track101

Hi

Post by Track101 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:21 am

May be all the integra guys went on a week long holiday for pongal, and the university guys would have been on holiday for the whole of the pongal week, passport office too.

So the guys whose degree certificate, company or passport has to be verified in chennai should subtract 5 working days from their time line. :idea:

What do you guys think :?:

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:24 am

Vidya,

Yeah that's true.......

Around 50% of dec applicants might still be awaiting for EC...

So it becomes evident that the applications with some delay are not necessarily subjected to further verifications but only a normal processing delay in the queuing system.. :idea:

So don't worry.......

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:26 am

Track ...as i said , there could be n number of factors i guess ...and we cant second guess all of them ....

but it is really really scary that they are not giving a likely time frame at this point...

kmsr , although lion got his result via email on the 27th day , they committed to him on day 25 itself that they would take the decision within a day or two - they did assure of him that over the phone........

SKD
Newly Registered

Post by SKD » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:51 am

Hi every one...

I am working for one of the big companies in Hyderabad, and the HR person who got the mails and calls from Integra is a good friend of mine and he handled it perfectly. My Integra report reached BHC chennai by Jan 4th. And I am sure that there would be no trouble on that front, as I provided all the original certificates.

I had provided various job searches and the Positions which I was applying for... and did not show that i will relocate to UK from the same company...

I have got several one month trips to the US on my passport, I had a UK visit visa too but i never went to UK as the project was cancelled... There are no Visa rejections on my Passport at all, so that also cannot be the reason for delay...

So my question is what in God's name are the BHC Chennai guys doing? From Jan 4th to Feb 6th they are sitting on the Integra reports??? Either give or reject the EC yaar.... at least we will have our passports back!!!

Today I went to VFS Hyd office, blasted the poor VFS guy, he showed me their internal system which was different than the VFS tracking site, and searched for my application with the passport number, it showed that it was still with BHC Chennai... He asked me to wait for a week more and then decide whether to reclaim my Passport

I mailed the BHC guys today again... got the following reply

"Dear Mr Kumar,

Thank you for your e-mail.

A decision is yet to be made by the Entry Clearance Officer due to the volume of visa applications. We regret the delay and will keep you updated regarding the outcome of your application.

Yours truly,

Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai.
UKvisas - Making travel and migration work for Britain
If you intend to reply to this e-mail, please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry. "

I am really mad at everything!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

All analysis is going to do is get us more agitated and frustrated i guess...

so... I am going to go on a holiday to a good beach for a few days and get this frustration out of my system...

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:05 am

hi Kumar

going on a holiday for few days is actually a good idea - i did that 10 days ago and that helped to pass that week without ec tension.....

after waiting for this long , i dont think it is a good idea for us to reclaim the ppt when i hope they must at least be close to making a decision :?: :roll:

i am worried too that they are not giving a timeframe but remember - many ppl were asked to call back a week or two weeks later and then they got it the same day or next day - i am still living in desperate hope you see ; uptill last week i still thought they were processing week 2 and 3 - but this week seeing jan 1st week processing ; every day am hoping for some update on my application. :x :?
try to stay positive about this......i know it is easier said than done. :idea:

ItsEd
Newly Registered

Post by ItsEd » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:10 am

Hi Friends,

I got my EC done!!!!! :D :D
I got my passport stamped for two years till next feb.

Here are my time lines.
Applied on Jan2 2008 in VFS Bangalore.
My employer got a mail from integra on Jan9 2008.
Apart from it I haven’t got any calls or mails from integra.

Some issues which I want to clarify.
• I got my visa on 24th working day. If I include my day of submission, it will be on 25th working day.
• I applied for post dated visa starting from 15 Feb 2008. I did accommodation for the same. But on my passport, I got my stamping starting from 4 Feb 2008 ï

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:15 am

congrats edwin !!!! :D :D - i was pretty sure that you would get the ec - you see numbers dont lie and day 24 results seems to have 100% success rate.

do keep posting updates on the forum !!

riz , waiting to hear your update ???? :idea: :?:

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:25 am

Congrats edwin!! good luck

Did you mail or call to BDHC :?:

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:39 am

hey everyone,

i am trying to compile a list of those of us still waiting from december - please let me know if i left anyone out of the list

palaka rambabu - 14/12 - vfs hyd
skd - 14/12 - vfs hyd
harvis - 14/12 - vfs hyd
ce98118 - 20/12 - vfs bang
jason7777- 27/12 - vfs hyd
vidya - 28/12 - vfs bang
kmsr1234- 31/12 - vfs hyd
mantya - 28/12 - bhc mumbai
vishal -20/12- bhc mumbai

is it only me and ce waiting from vfs bang from dec ??
Last edited by vidya on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ItsEd
Newly Registered

Post by ItsEd » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:40 am

kmsr1234 wrote:Congrats edwin!! good luck

Did you mail or call to BDHC :?:
I mailed BHC today..
I got the result in the mail too..
But before that I got my passport and got to know the result.

Edwin

Mantya

Post by Mantya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:58 am

hi guys just logged in the forum and saw many frustrated mails especially from Vidya...Hey Vidya as rightly said you are the pillar of this forum so keep hope..
In terms of the analysis done , I know that it is very worrying when the application croisses 26days as I'm also on the same boat and equally worried.
However to counter your analysis Vidya, when I spoke to the BHC 2 days back she told me the same story that there are some more analysis to be done blah blah..... nad then I asked her that does this mean that there is anythign negative in my applicatin that may lead to rejection?
On this she replied that the delay is a normal processing delay and does not refelct anything negative in the application so nothing to worry...

Infact in my case I have a job offer and acco. letter from my UK co., though only worry is my bank balance that is just 1.5 l and there were some hiuge transactions few days bnefore I applied and I haven't given any explanation for them.So that is the mnost worrying bit.

Hence it just boils down to the mood swing of the case worker who unfiortunatley in our cases is a bit pesky and wants to verify every small doubt he has in his mind that is causing the delay....

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:13 am

Mantya!

Are you sure that if the application squeezes some delay..
Not necessarily a negative sign on our part..

Clarify more on this.... :cry:

Mantya

Post by Mantya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:26 am

no kmsr..not necessarily...there is no relation between the delay and the outcome...
Infact some people have also suggested me that if it is taking time it means that they are very much sure they want to give you the EC but there are some doubts that they want to clarify so if it gets delayed there is more surety of getting the EC..

Hope his words come true in our cases

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:26 am

hi kmsr and mantya

i guess even if it is true that long delays are an indicator of possible rejection ....they will not say this on the phone ....
dont know if you guys noticed that when the result is positive they say it over phone or email - but when negative , eg -arun , they told him decision is made but that they dont disclose over phone

anyway , i would not classify us as long delay cases at this point - the normal processing time was 15-18 working days 2 months back but now all are getting between day 22 - 24 - so let us wait and see next 3 working days before classifying ourselves as "delayed cases"