ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa with IN10 record

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itzwalid
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa with IN10 record

Post by itzwalid » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:06 am

Soemone please shed some light :

I was in international student in the UK, on 23 February 2012, I was stopped by the police and was slapped with a FPN and 6 points on my licence for not having insurance. I did have insurance on my international licence but it was deemed invalid by the police. I also had the opportunity to face the court. I chose the option of facing the court and did not pay the fine.

On August 2012, my course was complete and my visa was due to expire, hence i left the UK. i did not hear anything from the court, even walked in to the local police station, they said they had nothing. I did not move to a different address from the date of the offence till the date I left UK.

Now i want to go visit UK for a short visit. Please help me out with these :

1- What implications might this have on my visa application?

2- Do i need to declare the conviction once it is "spent" on the visa application? - It will be 5 years, next year so it'll be classed as spent.

3- Should i seek a immigration lawyer before applying?

Please help me out as i super stressed about it? it was a un-deliberate mistake

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Visitor Visa with IN10 record

Post by Choc-Ice » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:13 pm

itzwalid wrote:Soemone please shed some light :

I was in international student in the UK, on 23 February 2012, I was stopped by the police and was slapped with a FPN and 6 points on my licence for not having insurance. I did have insurance on my international licence but it was deemed invalid by the police. I also had the opportunity to face the court. I chose the option of facing the court and did not pay the fine.

On August 2012, my course was complete and my visa was due to expire, hence i left the UK. i did not hear anything from the court, even walked in to the local police station, they said they had nothing. I did not move to a different address from the date of the offence till the date I left UK.

Now i want to go visit UK for a short visit. Please help me out with these :

1- What implications might this have on my visa application?

2- Do i need to declare the conviction once it is "spent" on the visa application? - It will be 5 years, next year so it'll be classed as spent.

3- Should i seek a immigration lawyer before applying?

Please help me out as i super stressed about it? it was a un-deliberate mistake

Just declare it on the application form..You will be fine. I was stopped in 2010, reported to the courts for driving with no insurance. I went to court myself , pleaded guilty and was able to convince the judge on that day of my ignorance! Ended up with 100 quid fine and no points on my license :lol: ! It's not a criminal conviction but i've always filled it on all application to the Home Office. Good luck :wink:
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:31 am

Are you saying that you left the UK without paying the fine handed down by the Court?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

itzwalid
Newly Registered

Post by itzwalid » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:37 am

Yes!

Since i opted to be heard by the court I didnt need to pay the FPN handed to me by the police. But I received nothing the next 6 months and my visa was expiring soon so i had to leave UK

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:47 am

Well I very much doubt that the Court let you off scot free ! You'll have to declare the offence, whether it's spent or not and an unpaid fine is likely to be found in any checks made when you submit your visitor visa application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

itzwalid
Newly Registered

Post by itzwalid » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:54 am

Thank you Casa for taking the time to reply.

What do you recon, would be the best course of action now? I didn't pay anything because i did not receive anything in the mail from the court before i left.

I want pay off everything before i apply for my visitor visa but i dont know how to go about it

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:01 am

Contact the Court where the offence was dealt with.
(Casa, not CR001)

itzwalid
Newly Registered

Post by itzwalid » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:07 am

Casa, I don't know which court dealt with my case. i did not receive any paperwork on the mail. any other ways to go about it?

itzwalid
Newly Registered

Post by itzwalid » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 am

Any guru's know how i can pay off court fines when i don't have any paperwork?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Contact the court, give them details of the offence/etc and see if they can find a record of it.

itzwalid
Newly Registered

Post by itzwalid » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:48 am

I contacted the court and the fines officer said "there is no record of any outstanding fine on my name".

I'm so confused now

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Get a response from the court in writing that they can find no record of any fine. Declare it on your application with an explanation and the letter (be sure you make a copy!). That way, at a minimum, they can't say you were trying to decieve anybody. If possible, try to get a DBS (formerly CRB) check done and submit that as well.