ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Qualifying Period (Earliest vs Latest)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

b4batmanrobin
Newly Registered

ILR - Qualifying Period (Earliest vs Latest)

Post by b4batmanrobin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:12 pm

Hello,

From reading on this forum, i have understood i can apply for ILR 28 days before the end of 5 years of my current qualifying category permit.

Can i use the Priority Service at any time i mean after finishing 5 year as well or it has to be within 28 days only?

My current visa is valid until later next year, can i still take priority just before the end of that visa even though i would have gone way past 5 years or i would have to apply for normal (postal) route only?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Qualifying Period (Earliest vs Latest)

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:03 pm

b4batmanrobin wrote:Hello,

From reading on this forum, i have understood i can apply for ILR 28 days before the end of 5 years of my current qualifying category permit.

Can i use the Priority Service at any time i mean after finishing 5 year as well or it has to be within 28 days only? You can apply at anytime once you qualify or after, as long as you apply for ILR before your current visa expires.

My current visa is valid until later next year, can i still take priority just before the end of that visa even though i would have gone way past 5 years or i would have to apply for normal (postal) route only? You can apply in person at anytime.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.