ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful ILR , did it myself

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaustavhalder2009
Newly Registered

Successful ILR , did it myself

Post by kaustavhalder2009 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:32 am

All,

Just had my ILR approved in Croydonon December 20th 2016 and did everything on my own.for the past few months i have seen a lot of people being stressed and thought would give my own experience.

Few things to give you confidence :
1. Fill out the form on your own . Trust me you do not need to pay any immigration lawyer any money as they dont do anything extra other than acting important . They show that they will be able to help and they know a lot of people in the centre , its rubbish if a person goes there daily for work you will know a lot of people

2. There is NO requirement to mention anything about your FPN , parking ticket etc

3. I was arrested once and then released and my police report said NFA -- NO requirement to mention this also because of "Haebus CORPUS" -- remember the life in the UK test , NO man can be charged without a trial and unless you are proven guilty you are not a criminal.So all answers to section 7 is NO

4. Dont go Over board with documentation , only things you need to give :
a. 12 months bank statement
b. 12 months salary slips
c. Employee letter
d. English language certificate
e. life in the UK test passed
f. photocopies for all the above and additionally your passport and BRP
Thats it please do NOT over complicate your life.
g. cover letter - i have attached a format of the cover letter here

Finally for employee letter - ask you employer to mention "that you were permanent full time employed between dates and you have had no unpaid absences . That your working pattern was Monday to Friday excluding weekends and public holidays and give in table format date from , date to, no of days .

Thats it !!!! Please i do implore all of you dont go overboard with the ILR

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Re: Successful ILR , did it myself

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:23 am

Congratulations. My husband got his on the 21st.

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:25 am

WHat route did you apply through?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:12 pm

kaustavhalder2009 wrote:NO man can be charged without a trial
No person can be CONVICTED without a trial.

A criminal charge is typically the process to start a criminal trial. So, even a person found not guilty at the end of trial will have been charged at the beginning of the trial. But charges can be dropped before trail, in which case the trial does not proceed.

And what does the above have to do with Habeus Corpus anyway (which is the process by which the police/other government organisation must justify why they are holding somebody in custody)? A person can be charged and be out on bail or even convicted and be out on a community or suspended sentence, in which case Habeus Corpus is irrelevant.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:05 am

kaustavhalder2009,

Can I know if you answered 6.11 in the SET(O) ?

Please give the dates of any absences spent outside of the Crown dependencies (Isle of
Man and the Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey) and the UK

Is this applicable for Tier1 (General) 5 year route ? I am bit confused because it mentions outside Crown dependencies and the UK. So If I have traveled to India, then this question hold good. Did you answer this ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:31 am

Members should also be aware that the documents submitted by the OP may not be applicable to their category of visa application. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.